Forums
Posted By: Waddi Problem with SKY+ live pause - 19th Oct 2010 4:31pm
over the last week I haven't been able to pause or rewind live tv, If I opted to record the program it would record ok, I could even start watching the recording whilst it was still recording and was able to pause and rewind it that way.

So today I decided to investigate a bit more, I discovered a few failed recordings in my SKY+ planner, and apparantly when you delete these failed recordings it doesn't delete everything, and part of what it leaves behind can mess with the Instant Record functions.

So this is what I did;

Press "Services" on the remote
followed by the buttons "4","0","1" then "select"
this should bring up a hidden installer menu.

If you look at options 7 & 8

7 - SKY+ Planner Rebuild
This option is known as Housekeeping and is like a defrag on your computer, it searches the harddrive for loose data and either deletes it or groups it together and you may see failed recordings re-appear in your planner that you have previously deleted, you can the re-delete them and hey presto. This option does not affect any "good" recordings. It does power off the set top box whilst its doing all this and is off for about 5-10 mins so dont worry.

8- Full System Reset
Does what it says, resets the whole system, basically it formats the harddrive and you loose all your recordings.

So, if anyone else is having Instant record issues, I hope this helps.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Problem with SKY+ live pause - 19th Oct 2010 6:31pm
cheers for this info..

only just got sky and am really into the pause facility and the record ability. Have had the pause "crash" a couple of times but thankfully no probs when recording
© Wirral-Wikiwirral