Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 12:34pm
What are your views?

I find it very good smile
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 12:39pm
I try to stay away from IE as it stands its one of the worst/slowest browers around. Ive jumped on the Firefox bandwagon and ive never had any problems with it to warrant chaging back. I might check it out though if it gets a few good reviews.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 12:41pm
I'm a Firefox man too...
We use IE8 in work which I must say is better than older versions of IE. Not Tried IE9 yet though
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 12:52pm
Only use ie never had any issues with it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 1:15pm
First I've heard of it, downloading it in work now to have a play, will let you know.
I've always used I.E. myself, never had any trouble with it. We had Firefox in work but nothing but problems so I got rid of it.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 1:16pm
IE9 is still in BETA and is still far too buggy - it has issues with vB and a few other everyday websites and standards. It does seem as though the BETA is a very early release to make people aware of the forthcoming release and probably should have been kept behind closed doors in all honesty, as it feels somewhat similar to an Alpha build when in general usage.

IE9 has some smashing new features, but until they finish it, it is IE8 or Opera for me im afraid. It's all well and good these wonderful new features, but theres no point in trying to run before you can walk Uncle Steve.

On a more positive note, UBB and more importantly, Wiki, appears to be fully compliant and working 100%... smile
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 1:22pm
How do u know wot ie u using? I aint got a clue i just click the e lol
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 1:29pm
If you click 'Help' at the top then 'about IE'
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 1:36pm
Oh god, I was about to say I have IE 9, as it says it at the top of my window. I was thinking, it doesn't normally say that there...then realised that's the title of this thread smack I have 8!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 1:40pm
I really thought I had raised you better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 1:42pm
sorryyyy shifty
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 2:28pm
laffin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 2:51pm
The quickest way to tell what version you have, is IE9 at deafult sort of looks like a skinned Opera, or indeed a very simplified IE, and IE8 looks like... well IE lol.

IE9 is also black by default (well very dark blue) and the e icon has been revised.

Mel, you have seen IE9 in action on my lappy just yesterday, your memory is terrible haha! IE9 is BETA though, its not really worth running if you just want a browser that works. Ive been doing some web development testing in it, and it seems to be rendering as well as IE8. They are going on about it being the fastest (full-fat) browser on earth, and to be honest it probably is, but not for everything - though that does seem bug-related rather than actual flaws etc.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 3:19pm
im running it now, don`t have any problems as of yet, it does seem slightly faster but thats all i`ve noticed, seems to be the same as ie8?

what do you use matt?
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Internet Explorer 9 - 17th Sep 2010 3:29pm
Yeah I don't remember it being any different than mine though, haha, probably couldn't tell what it really looks like with all those open tabs! tease Funny you were just saying you didn't like it yesterday tease or was that today? Anyway!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral