Forums
Posted By: Wheels iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 6:52am
Just noticed that "Places" on the Facebook app now works. It has it's Pros and cons but it's interesting to see what happens. 1 downside is that everyone is trying it for the first time right now and with it being early morning they are giving away their home address.

You can disable this if you want to.
Posted By: Nigel Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 8:10am
Also be careful with the "Identity theft" issue involved with the use of Facebook.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 9:37am
Explain?
What is places?
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 9:45am
Your friends can stalk u or vice versa. I wont use it looks bit dodgy.
Posted By: Wheels Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 9:54am
Ste you can press the places button and share were you are at that time, you can also see were your friends are too, if someone is nearby it notifies you incase you fancy meeting up with them.

Could be good, could be bad. You can also tag people, so I can share my location and tag you at that location too.
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 9:59am
its not like it follows you everywhere you go. You have to be logged in to and click share to tell epople where you are. Dunno what all the fuss is about who really cares if im in somewhere intresting like...the Shell Garage
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 10:05am
The doggers n cottaging crew will like it lol
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 10:06am
They can find me anytime..dont need a facebook app wink haha
Posted By: Wheels Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 10:14am
Facebook places update:

Time: 23:30
People tagged: Dogger Dave, sexy Suzy.

Hmmm suppose that might look bad on my profile raftl
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 10:15am
I.ll have a go at but will put my location as somewere strange.
Posted By: cathie Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 10:15am
And since it started facebook won't update posts on my iPhone grrr
Posted By: Wheels Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 11:02am
Yer mine has been like that for a few weeks, even not notifying me or taking 10 mins to.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: iPhone/Facbook places launched - 17th Sep 2010 11:22am
lol!!! ive got this amazing friend locator!! ring em!! where u at lid!! lol!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bELzkerHCVs
© Wirral-Wikiwirral