Forums
Posted By: Snodvan Wiki display - 14th Sep 2010 8:59am
SOMETIMES ie 30% of time, not every time, when I click on a Wiki topic instead of the topic screen opening for normal viewing it comes out in a strange format. Doing a screen refresh MAY sort it - but often simply gives a page of code. Refreshing the screen again usually then clears that and I get the normal screen view.

What am I doing wrong/ what do I have to do to "sort" this

Example

There is a response today on the Moreton by-pass speed limit thread. I have looked at that thread before with no problem. However, today _Ste_ responded to a previous post and when I click on his post to open it then what I get is as Pic 1 below

A screen refresh then gives as Pic 2

A further screen refresh then gives the normal screen

This problem ONLY happens with Wiki - not with any of the other forums to which I belong (although they are usually php not ubb system). It has happened ONCE when using another computer attached to my home network. However, I do not use that computer very often so maybe it would actually occur more frequently if I tested it. I can't do that just at the moment because the machine is occupied with another long term job and I do not want to disturb it

Snod

Attached picture SNAG-024.jpg
Attached picture SNAG-025.jpg
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Wiki display - 14th Sep 2010 9:08am
I suppose the ironic bit is - the computer did the SAME with my own post above when I tried to open it !!!

Snod
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wiki display - 14th Sep 2010 9:24am
That happened to me on other sites,not happened on windows 7 so far.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Wiki display - 14th Sep 2010 9:35am
I am using XP - recently done a FULL (clean) reinstall and the problem seems to have come after that.

Snod
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wiki display - 14th Sep 2010 11:02am
I have had it (pic1) on a couple of occasions in the past, never pic2, i just assumed it was the site having problems, i go elsewhere and come back and its normal again, xp by the way.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Wiki display - 15th Sep 2010 2:10pm
Hi pic 2 always happens to me on this site only, when i open some topics i get exactly what pic 2 is displaying, but just like you, it goes ok when i refresh the page, i really thought my lappy was infected but feel better now that i know its not! lol, im using Windows Vista home Basic.

Pic 1 also happens, never really took much notice of that pic until i finished my reply as i recognized pic 2 straight away so paid more attention to that.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wiki display - 15th Sep 2010 5:01pm
Happened this morning when the site was down, went to another link to see what was happening.

Attached picture untitled.JPG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral