Forums
Posted By: DavidB My 'n' key doesnt work - 4th Sep 2010 8:52pm
Was using the laptop and had a cup of tea next to it. The dog came over and spazzed out and knocked the tea on the keyboard. The n button doesn't frigging work!!!!! Originally, whenever I pressed space bar, it put a n after it, but now, no n!

Had it apart and can't see what's wrong, had hair-dryer on it to dry it out ...

I'm copying ad pasting to get the letter n on here.

It's a Packard Bell Easynote.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: My 'n' key doesnt work - 4th Sep 2010 8:59pm
Chuff knows maybe it spazzed out too?
Posted By: dannysayer Re: My 'n' key doesnt work - 4th Sep 2010 9:00pm
you will most prob need a new keyboard, it will the ribbon that connects tothe laptop that will have got wet. I can look at it for you, as i have my own pc repair business
Posted By: DavidB Re: My 'n' key doesnt work - 5th Sep 2010 8:25am
I'll have to buy a new keyboard, think there's a load on the bay of E:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Packard-Bell-...ts_KeyboardsMice&hash=item3a5d9affdb

It's this one:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: My 'n' key doesnt work - 5th Sep 2010 10:20am
I recently threw a pint of milk in my laptop accidentally, I removed the keyboard, soaked it in a bowl of hot water (hot to touch, not near boiling), slushed it around in the water and then gave it a long and thorough washing under the tap, wafted it around to drain as much water out as possible, put it on end and left it to dry for over 24 hours - keyboard works fine.

If it is only one key, then it is unlikely that it is anything to do with the ribbon-cable as this would cause more than one key to malfunction (you don't have a separate wire for each key).
Posted By: TheDr Re: My 'n' key doesnt work - 6th Sep 2010 11:13am
We fix LOADS of these, if it's just one key you might get away with cleaning it with IPA (contact swich cleaner), you can get it from Smiths, MAS or Maplins, it's worth a try, or look on eBay, just make sure you read the ad, "System Pull, Untested" means just that, and if it doesn't work you have to send it back and wait for them to send to another, it can take a while...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral