Forums
Posted By: Sanchez sky magic eye help - 26th Aug 2010 2:10pm
Yes I know im an electrician but this one has gotten me really confused. I bought the magic eye so I can channel hop upstairs in my bed. I have ran a coax from the sky box down stairs to my room plugged the eye in but its not working. Does any one have any light to shed on the matter?
Posted By: davew3 Re: sky magic eye help - 26th Aug 2010 2:18pm
Have you plugged into the right coax socket and have you set the voltage to "on" in the setup menu to supply power to the "eye"
Posted By: bert1 Re: sky magic eye help - 26th Aug 2010 2:25pm
info page
http://www.sky-remotes.com/setup-sky-magic-eye.shtml
Posted By: Sanchez Re: sky magic eye help - 26th Aug 2010 2:39pm
cheers guys, all sorted, I had to turn it on in the setup menu. Picture aint the best though, I wonder if i would damage the units by adding an arial amplifier to the coax....
Posted By: davew3 Re: sky magic eye help - 26th Aug 2010 5:44pm
You need some bypass links,which look like an antenna splitter with a jack socket,you use two to bypass the amp and they allow a dc voltage to the "eye",unless the amp is a voltage passthru type the it will block the sat voltage.
Posted By: jimbob Re: sky magic eye help - 26th Aug 2010 8:42pm
life was much simpler with the old 12 inch telly on Redefusion there where no problems as long as you had a shillin to put in the lecy meter. Brings to mind the saying {YOU HAVE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD.}
Posted By: scoops Re: sky magic eye help - 26th Aug 2010 9:46pm
And how easy was it to use the Redifusion cable service Jimbob wink Just one clicky dial (usually on the windowsill)
Posted By: Sanchez Re: sky magic eye help - 27th Aug 2010 8:32am
Cheers davew3, I dont suppose you could give me that but in english please smile
Posted By: Capt_America Re: sky magic eye help - 27th Aug 2010 2:05pm
Buy a DVD playeer (and some DVD's) it's much simpler!
Posted By: davew3 Re: sky magic eye help - 27th Aug 2010 6:11pm
Two types of aerial amps,one allows the sky voltage to go thru the amp and the other doesn't.
Posted By: nurvware Re: sky magic eye help - 27th Aug 2010 7:06pm
Just make sure you wired it correctly. You need to ensure that the outer braid does not touch the inner core, but does touch the outer metal of the connector. The braid is what sends the remote signals to change channel.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral