Forums
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Nokia 5800 unblocking - 2nd Aug 2010 5:20pm
can anyone help me out i have a nokia 5800 music express that needs unblocking cheaper the better!!
thanks peeps !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Nokia 5800 unblocking - 2nd Aug 2010 5:34pm
If it can be done, Starlight will be able to do it for you in the Birkenhead Market mate. Not sure if this handset can be unlocked remotely... the problem with calculators and the like is you risk killing the phone, at least with a store they have liability. There is some online unlocking sites that claim to do it, but unless it can be done by code, its not worth the hassle of sending the phone to them.

Btw, you could always ask the network - its not likely they will do it for free, if even at all (its not in their interest to unlock it for you to use on another network) but its worth a try!
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Nokia 5800 unblocking - 3rd Aug 2010 12:29am
What network is it on?
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Nokia 5800 unblocking - 3rd Aug 2010 7:10am
Originally Posted by stephen1972
What network is it on?

t-mobile
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Nokia 5800 unblocking - 3rd Aug 2010 10:11am
Take it to the market to unlock it and get it flashed aswell
Posted By: TheDr Re: Nokia 5800 unblocking - 3rd Aug 2010 11:54am
If you've paid up your contract and it's due for renewal then the network will unlock it for you for free, they'll just send you a code and instructions how to enter it, it's fairly straight-forward.

These can also be unlocked online but don't use the free calculators as they don't work for this phone.

We can do it in our place, I would give the name out but we've had that discussion before smile
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Nokia 5800 unblocking - 3rd Aug 2010 5:45pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
If you've paid up your contract and it's due for renewal then the network will unlock it for you for free, they'll just send you a code and instructions how to enter it, it's fairly straight-forward.

These can also be unlocked online but don't use the free calculators as they don't work for this phone.

We can do it in our place, I would give the name out but we've had that discussion before smile

thanks bud! i know where you are!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Nokia 5800 unblocking - 4th Aug 2010 6:46pm
Originally Posted by TheDr

someone said today its network barred and not blocked frown can it still be done Dr?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Nokia 5800 unblocking - 4th Aug 2010 8:24pm
if its had the imei blocked sell it ro soneone in Africa as it wont work on any network in Europe. But make sure it is blocked as opposed to just locked.

People buy blocked phones on eBay for spares, but they only go for pennies im afraid.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Nokia 5800 unblocking - 5th Aug 2010 3:31pm
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
someone said today its network barred and not blocked frown can it still be done Dr?

If it has been blocked by the network, usually for unpaid contract or reported lost/missing/stolen then no it can't be done, well, it can, but only by changing the IMEI number which is illegal and could get you five years free hotel accomodation.

Unlocking just removes the sim locks so you can use other networks in it, perfectly okay to do.

Are you sure it has been blocked ?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral