Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX mobile phone falling to bits - 28th Jun 2010 7:46pm
its my birthday soon and so im holding out before i buy a new mobile phone coz im hoping to get one!!

my backspace button hasnt worked for a while (i have to keep crashing it) and now my '5'(j,k and l) wont work either!!!

anybody got any tips' advice to rectify this?- or should i just cross my fingers that it hold out for a few more weeks?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 28th Jun 2010 7:55pm
what model is it?

smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 28th Jun 2010 8:00pm
sony ericcsson k8001 cool blush
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 28th Jun 2010 8:05pm
It is normally just a bit of dirt/gunge on the conductive rubber under the keys (or on the contacts beneath), a VERY gentle wash with a bit of water often fixes them. Sometimes the conductive rubber wears out, you can get "paint" to repair them.

Some have metal clicker pads and likewise they just need a quick clean.

Needless to say, you have to open the phone up to gain access.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 28th Jun 2010 8:13pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
sony ericcsson k8001 cool blush

Don`t knock it, thats aqll i used to use!

They double up as a broadband modem did you know?
My `3` dongle was forever breaking down, so in the end i used one of these for ages, the cameras are good and you can watch movies on them smile

You can also buy a new keypad if needs be, but what DD said is correct happy

Oh and a common fault is the joystick always breaks/sticks!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 28th Jun 2010 8:22pm
thanks guys! shall 'operate' on it when i get back from dog walk!

yes ste, thanks- i did know that- mattlfc told me about that- hence i'm on the dinosaur pc now using phone as a 'dongle'.

just enjoying being able to write without having to re- consider words that include the letters j, k or l!! raftl
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 28th Jun 2010 9:35pm
Make sure it is well dry before you put it together and don't use any linty material on it.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 28th Jun 2010 9:51pm
thumbsup dd
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 28th Jun 2010 10:24pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
thumbsup dd
sorted then queen?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 28th Jun 2010 10:48pm
tbh- still logged onto the dinosaur- but will certainly give it a try tomorrow! grin
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 1st Jul 2010 12:09am
K j l 5. Yer !!! bananadance j k l 5 took the front off and cleaned with pure alcohol + an earbud. Again for prosperity jkl5 laugh
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 1st Jul 2010 12:23am
Did u have the torx screwdriver?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 1st Jul 2010 12:43am
Originally Posted by stephen1972
Did u have the torx screwdriver?
whats one of them? Just ragged it off with a bog standard screwy-a smaj one . Grr pjaying up again now.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 1st Jul 2010 1:05am
Think its telling you to get a new 1? I had a k810i the k800 without the big camera thingy at the back. Great camera! now ive got a k850i.

Attached picture k850i-lead-pic.jpg
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: mobile phone falling to bits - 1st Jul 2010 1:14am
Also got a nokia 5230 for 68.99 from cphone warehouse coz its got sat nav and a bargain. Only a 2mp camera just bog standard lens at back but does good video on hq. Did couple of little vids type mrstephenc1972 in you tube. Not the most exciting vids lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral