Forums
Posted By: Anonymous HTC HD2 mobile phone - 5th Apr 2010 6:01pm
anyone no what these are like, any info would be greatly appreciated thanks. happy

[Linked Image]

[youtube]76IgKqdMPuE[/youtube]
Posted By: Wheels Re: HTC HD2 mobile phone - 5th Apr 2010 6:18pm
I think matty has one.
Posted By: lansyp Re: HTC HD2 mobile phone - 5th Apr 2010 7:02pm
hi mate got the htc hero very similar to this one .depends what you want from your phone personally i think its a really good phone for internet and stuff though i just brows from home as i havent paid for the internet but works fine on wi-fi good clear screen and has apps like the i phone my son has i phone but thinks this is a cool phone but he says it lags a bit but think that means it doesnt do every thing at a million miles an hour .
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HTC HD2 mobile phone - 7th Apr 2010 5:29pm
thanks for the info bud, thumbsup
Posted By: MattLFC Re: HTC HD2 mobile phone - 7th Apr 2010 5:33pm
raftl

HTC Hero = Android
HTC HD2 = Windows Mobile 6.5

How are they similar? Some people don't half talk bollox!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HTC HD2 mobile phone - 7th Apr 2010 5:47pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
raftl

HTC Hero = Android
HTC HD2 = Windows Mobile 6.5

How are they similar? Some people don't half talk bollox!!

do tell me more, all new to me this type of phone. smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: HTC HD2 mobile phone - 7th Apr 2010 6:06pm
Ill give ye an overview of my thoughts and opinions with regards the HD2 and WinMo in general later on bud, im just about to make me tea lol. I don't actually own the HD2, I seriously looked into it (along with the Palm Pre, but o2 don't want anyone to have that), but the lack of a keyboard was a downer for me, I ended up with the Touch Pro 2, which runs the exact same software (WinMo 6.5 and HTC Sense), but has a real keyboard and a resistive tiltscreen. HTC Sense is an absolute dream interface, and WinMo 6.5 is solid as a rock, but there is some pitfalls which need explaining in detail.

Other than that, the HD2 has the advantage of a better CPU, more RAM, and is the first WinMo device with a capacitive screen which HTC had to work very hard with Microsoft to get it working correctly as WinMo does not support capacative screens natively (personally, I think they should have stayed with resistive as my TP2 responds just as sensitively as a capacitive but with the obvious accuracy advantage of resistive, even though it doesnt have multi-touch, it has a zoom bar instead, which many people say is better than pinch to zoom).

[Linked Image]

Will get back to you on this mate.
Posted By: lansyp Re: HTC HD2 mobile phone - 7th Apr 2010 9:26pm
check if the hd2 has has the blue tooth sorted as the hero still hasnt had the up grade to let it connect to other phones i only found out about this after trying to connect to my computer
Posted By: lansyp Re: HTC HD2 mobile phone - 7th Apr 2010 9:40pm
sorry jase i am no expert on these phones didnt realise there where different operating systems probably not worth comparing the two phones
Posted By: Anonymous Re: HTC HD2 mobile phone - 10th Apr 2010 11:10am
no worrys lansyp. smile

Thanks matt appreciated bud. happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral