Forums
Posted By: RevTurtle Rear Projection TV assistance required - 27th Mar 2010 3:54pm
I've got a Phillips 48" rear projection tv which has served me very well for a many years and the picture is not right.

Couple weeks ago there was a burning smell and the picture looked kinda 3d. I switched it off for a week (as I was not going to be around) and tried again. Same thing (No smell, just the picture is the all "3d" ish).

Checked the setting for "Divergence" and it allows setting of red and blue but no option for correcting the green.

Did some googling and I think that one or more convergence chips may have blown (hence the burning smell and not being able to correct the green)

Repair seems fairly straightforward for someone who is happy with electrical soldering. The parts look te be in the region of £20 -£50 depending on the type of chip (if anyone can identify mine!) but repair looks to be in the region of £400 -£600!!

I got a great deal when I bought it which makes the above repair option redundant but I don't want to throw out this tv which is otherwise perfect for my needs (and big enough for me to see without straining).

I can post pictures of the screen with the 3d effect and pictures of inside the back if required to help identify. The manual that came with it says it's a 48PP9103 but the label on the back says TV model no is 48UP910501.

Would anyone here be able to help identify the chips required and possibly even fix it?

Thanks guys.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Rear Projection TV assistance required - 27th Mar 2010 4:14pm
Excuse me, why not goto SS Radio?
you would be surprised how cheap they are.
Posted By: RevTurtle Re: Rear Projection TV assistance required - 28th Mar 2010 9:18am
Thanks for the reply. Where are they?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Rear Projection TV assistance required - 28th Mar 2010 9:22am
They are on mill lane in wallasey, liscard area.

Heres a previous post...

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/338006/SS_Radio_Wallasey.html

happy
Posted By: RevTurtle Re: Rear Projection TV assistance required - 28th Mar 2010 1:52pm
Brill. Thanks. I'll try them.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral