Forums
Posted By: MerseyMan Does anyone have any old DDR 133Mhz RAM free? - 5th Mar 2010 1:44pm
My old computer about 6 years old could do with a bit more RAM. Only have 512 at the moment but even applications alone are taking up the majority of it. Just saving up for a new comp but some RAM but would come in VERY useful until then.
I know computers don't come with this anymore but was wondering wether anyone had any lying around they don't need.
Cheers
Do you mean PC2100 (266Mhz DDR/133Mhz) or PC133 SDRAM? Either way, get on to ebay, I got a 512MB bar of PC133 SDRAM for £0.99 and free delivery, its always going dirt cheap as is DDR.

smile
2100 DDR RAM methinks, though I'm looking at new pc's now and they look tempting smile
I got more RAM in an old laptop and it runs great now. £40 versus £400 for a new laptop? The processor isn't too quick but it runs app software quicker (well it seems to).
Originally Posted by Capt_America
I got more RAM in an old laptop and it runs great now. £40 versus £400 for a new laptop? The processor isn't too quick but it runs app software quicker (well it seems to).
Quite often laptops came with a 4200 rpm disk drive, putting a 5400 rpm drive (which normally have more/better internal cache as well) can make an enormous improvement.

Should be able to pick up a 2.5 inch 5400 rpm fairly cheap
I've got my eye on a quad core system, time to do more overtime methinks.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral