Forums
Posted By: DavidB Windows 7 - Clock keeps going back one year - 28th Feb 2010 11:29am
Constantly having to reset the computer clock to the current year. It's going back to February 2009 (occasionally) when I boot up (making antivirus, updates, etc go haywire). Comp battery is A1, not sure why it's doing it?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Windows 7 - Clock keeps going back one year - 28th Feb 2010 12:30pm
Have you checked to see if the previous owner of your computer wasn't H.G Wells??
is it going back to the same date every time ?
When you say Comp battery is ok, is that the main battery (laptop) or the cmos battery (coin shaped on motherboard)

Usually its down to the cmos battery needing changing.

If you have recently changed this battery you will need to go in to the CMOS and set the correct date and time

This is accessible by pressing F2 or DEL while the pc is booting up, usually at the Manufacturer screen

If you see the windows loading screen, you will need to try again
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Windows 7 - Clock keeps going back one year - 28th Feb 2010 1:12pm
I wonder if you need to change the system clock in your BIOS?
I had this problem some time a go on windows XP. I was told when closing down the computer, turn off the monitor as normal but leave the power from the mains on. If this solves the problem your computer battery is faulty. If not go in to DOS when starting up and check the date and time is correct for the time, if not change it. Hope this helps you
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
I wonder if you need to change the system clock in your BIOS?

this is what I am thinking.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Windows 7 - Clock keeps going back one year - 28th Feb 2010 4:07pm
Battery is new! Still have same problem though. Sure CMOS memory is also stored as long as the battery is charged (I have 'custom' settings in CMOS that are the same). It's going back a year back to the start of the month. (1st Feb in this case).

is the date and time in the bios the same as the windows ?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral