Forums
BT Infinity

Finally a service with both fast downstream and upstream speeds! I have publically stated my opposition to providers calling their services "broadband" many times in the past... How can a service with anywhere upto 20+Mbps downstream be "broadband" when it providers still give pathetic upstream speeds such as 256Kbps and 384Kbops; it leaves the service as essentially one way.

Be*/o2 Broadband have bucked the market trend by realising that upstream speeds are just as important as downstream speeds for the modern internet, and always provided 1.3Mbps as standard, pushing their network on higher packages to speeds as high as 2.5Mbps using bleeding edge technologies to do so.

The new BT fibre-optic network is set to provide users with service with not only ultra-fast downstream speeds of upto 40Mbps, but also ultra-fast upstream speeds of upto 10Mbps. NOW YA TALKIN!!

And don't worry, it will be available from other providers too as BT Wholesale will be making it available as soon as possible.

I wonder what cable's response will be; given their track record, they will just offer a "wow" 1Gbps downstream service coupled with a lame 2Mbps upstream lol. DOCSIS cable is just shit lol.

Remember, the BT Infinity network is still being built, so it could potentially be a long time yet before we see it on the Wirral... but the foundations are now in place for a REAL broadband network!

laugh
I can't wait for BT's FTTC or even FTTH service to hit our streets, I've been a BE and now and o2 customer for a few years and I find it very hard to complain about there service and BE's customer service is excellent for a none UK or indian based call centre either, in our house I've got o2's 8meg service as that's the fastest my line can handle, my dad has virgin 50mb and I gotta say as a gamer virgins service gives me much higher pings than o2's, I won't be knocking on Virgin Media's service any time soon.

Thing I would like to see most from BT is providing a DSL service with out the need for a lan line.
If you didnt pay for the landline though, where would they get the money from to maintain the lines/network?

Also, you are covered for most technical faults that can occur on the line as part of the contract; when one considers it costs £115+vat (and that is subsidised) just to call out an Openreach engineer and have the fix a fault on the line, it makes the line-rental worth it, for the protection.

BT don't make a whole lot of money from landline rental, if at all any. I generally hate BT with a passion after the way BT Retail treated me, so don't get me wrong, im not trying to defend them, just saying it how it is.

Im with Madasafish for my landline rental, cheaper calls and line rental than BT, and despite being a trading brand of a subsiduary of the BT Group, they are a world away from the BT we all know and hate.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral