Forums
Posted By: Snodvan iPod repair - 15th Dec 2009 3:54pm
My lad has returned from Uni with a long face - his iPod Touch has stopped working. I am a Ludite - I have never even used one, however despite his pleas for a replacement (£200 - ha!) I agree to see if a repair is possible.

Anyone have any advice as to where to take such a device to get an honest opinion about a repair??

Failure symptom was simply that it was working perfectly, he switched it off when he went to bed and next morning - NOTHING. Just does not switch on.

Thanks

Snod
Posted By: Colgo Re: iPod repair - 15th Dec 2009 4:14pm
If its still under warranty send it back to apple,you can do it all online.
Apple Link
I had to send one back last year, they sent UPS to collect it, it went to Belgium to be fixed and was back by UPS within 10 days.
If its out of warranty could be worth getting a quote off them anyway.
Or take it to the apple store in Liverpool

I assume you have tried the reset procedure first. Info
Posted By: Snodvan Re: iPod repair - 15th Dec 2009 7:21pm
Colgo

It is now around 18 months old so any repair by Apple will be charged. Also, the lad is only in UK for a couple of weeks so if it is sent off but not back by then there will be all sorts of problems sending it to him in the USA (plus more cost of course). That sort of time is likely given the rush there will be around Christmas. I was looking for somewhere reasonably local where I could take it for repair.

If the reset procedure is :-

" reset iPod touch. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears"

Then absolutely nothing happens when that is done.

Snod
Posted By: Waddi Re: iPod repair - 15th Dec 2009 9:09pm
I believe there is a shop on Chesters high street that does i-pod repair, it is apple authorised aswell.

MCC Digital
5/7 Watergate Row
Chester
CH1 2LE
[email protected]

hope this helps.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: iPod repair - 15th Dec 2009 9:10pm
dont starlight do ipod repairs to in birkenhead?

i couldnt quote the workmanship though never used them smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: iPod repair - 16th Dec 2009 2:05am
I have used and recommended Starlight quite a few times, never any problems.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: iPod repair - 16th Dec 2009 7:16pm
I have taken it to Starlight - will let you know the result. I have used them before (with phones) and the service was good so I hope for the best. Would be nice if the staff SMILED a bit though. They always look so serious. Suppose they get like that having to deal with planks like me all day

Snod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral