Forums
Posted By: derekdwc Digital Photo Frame advice wanted - 17th Nov 2009 7:21pm
I'm thinking of getting one of these
Is there any that run off ordinary /rechargeable batteries as well as electric
Can you attach an external usb (poss laptop hd) hd or an external cardreader to any to show pics
what kind of size pics show best in them

how good are the 15 inch ones - do you have to resize pics up for them

Any other advice would be welcome
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Digital Photo Frame advice wanted - 17th Nov 2009 7:33pm
A friend of mine got one. She had a few issues until I sorted it out.

It runs from SD cards (I suppose most do but digital frames have an internal memory but it is usually only small). You simply add the pics from the computer onto the SC Card then insert into the picture frame. It is very easy. Of course quality comes down to the quality of the pics. What you see on a 15" computer monitor is what you see on a 15" picture frame! No resizing is required. Think of it as seeing the pictures on your computer screensaver (meaning that resizing is done automatically).

My friends runs from a power adaptor. It can run by batteries.

Hope that helps. Any more questions then please ask...
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Digital Photo Frame advice wanted - 17th Nov 2009 7:41pm
I'm just wondering whether you could attach a 8gb usb pen or hd to the usb port on them to view pics
would like to view as many pics as I can
Posted By: bert1 Re: Digital Photo Frame advice wanted - 17th Nov 2009 7:42pm
http://www.reviewcentre.com/products3308.html click on pics, loads of info
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Digital Photo Frame advice wanted - 17th Nov 2009 7:45pm
As long as the digital frame has the connection then yes you can. Just make sure that the one you buy does have an USB Connection. Imperative that you do read the items specification.

It will simply be a case of shoving your dongle into the laptop, transfer the data on to the pen, then shoving it into the usb connection in the digi frame. Just like the SD card.
Posted By: bri445 Re: Digital Photo Frame advice wanted - 17th Nov 2009 7:57pm
I got a Toshiba touch screen type....useless, it had a mind of its own, wouldn't navigate. Took it back and got a Philips 8FF3FP, 8'' diagonal, takes JPGs, works fine, nice colours, nav buttons on the back right corner. You feel them with your fingers while you thumb is round the front, if you see what I mean. It has no memory, just reads off all the usual cards or USB memory stick. I use that and software gives various slide shows. Has a shiny black frame and matches the telly!
£118 at Currys, but it works!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral