Forums
Call of Duty: 'Modern Warfare 2' set to strike
"Modern Warfare 2" begins its worldwide blitz on Tuesday, eagerly anticipated by lovers of the blockbuster role-playing battle videogame franchise.

[Linked Image]
Videogame publisher Activision Blizzard believes that the sixth installment in the "Call of Duty" franchise could be the most powerful entertainment industry launch of the year, outshining even Hollywood blockbusters.
Analysts expect "Modern Warfare" to blast new life into a videogame industry that has seen sales figures this year cobbled by dismal economic conditions and a dearth of hot releases.
US videogame sales showed a modest increase in September, breaking a six-month losing streak.
Sales would have to skyrocket in the remaining months of the year just to meet last year's numbers.
"Modern Warfare" is expected to delight mainstream videogame players along with the franchise's fan base of "hardcore" gamers thrilled by first-person shooter titles.
Multiplayer options allow people share consoles or link on the Internet to play together as characters in the videogame as an alternative to going solo.
Reviewers have heaped early praise on "MW2" for its game play and vivid graphics.
The game is rated for people ages 17 or older and "MW2" has stirred a bit of controversy for depicting realistically brutal terrorist encounters.
Infinity Ward created the videogame, with versions tailored to Microsoft Xbox 360; Sony PlayStation 3, and Nintendo Wii videogame consoles.
"No detail is too small and every finishing touch imaginable is underway to make 'Modern Warfare 2' our best ever," said Infinity Ward chief executive Vince Zampella.
"MW2" picks up in the wake of its predecessor, which reportedly sold 12 million copies.
Source
I cant wait for this, COD4 on the 360 is one of the gratest games ever released.

This has an aful lot to live upto.
Sorry...seen the trailer for it.

The fact that it has Dual wielding machine guns...oh and some parts take place "In Space".. means I wont be buying it.

That and the fact that its a COD game as well raftl
I think it has a lot to live up to after COD4 - I mean the last game was a let down after COD4 frown

The COD games rock, its just going to be hard to beat the fourth think
I quite fancied Forza 3.
Originally Posted by AX_125
I quite fancied Forza 3.

Got that last week - good game happy
MODERN WARFARE 2

QUITE SIMPLY AMAZING laugh

got my copy yesterday coz my mate works in game it really is all its hyped up to be.
Just been to Tesco and people were lining up for it, huge queue
I wanna plaaaay frown
Originally Posted by summer01
yes another one on the xmas list for my son

yes another one on the xmas list for my self /summer01 you mean grin thumbsup,
I was just in Sainsbury's Upton. There were people queuing at the clothes counter. I couldn't figure why and then I saw they all had a copy of this in their mitts.

Girl on the till said people had been queuing since 4am. When she got in at 7am the car park was full.

All because they are selling it for £26!

I was tempted to get in the queue but I was already 10 minutes late for work omg
I just got the last one in Prenton at 9ish, (well time off work is best used PRODUCTIVELY) loading up now. It better be good!

Bye the way PS3 version.
I actually received mine yesterday. Not playing mine yet as it is an Xmas present
I actually received mine yesterday. Not playing mine yet as it is an Xmas present
No way is it gonna stay sealed until 25th December lol
Originally Posted by Snooze
I was tempted to get in the queue but I was already 10 minutes late for work omg

frown
I'm already a Forza 3 widow!

Anyway, there'd be a fight for who got to play with this game handbag
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Released 10/11 - 10th Nov 2009 10:25am
We could fight online - of course, you know as well as I do, Id kick your arse tease raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Released 10/11 - 10th Nov 2009 10:27am
gonna check and see if I still have xbox live. cba paying for a game I cant play online frown
Originally Posted by Snooze
No way is it gonna stay sealed until 25th December lol

Give everyone a chance to get good i suppose. I am the Shiz on COD4.
Originally Posted by Beaker
We could fight online - of course, you know as well as I do, Id kick your arse tease raftl
This point remains completely unproven. If it were Halo2 you wouldn't stand a chance. It'd be a headshot or a sticky grenade raftl Or maybe even a sneaky snipe.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Released 10/11 - 10th Nov 2009 10:33am
[Linked Image]
[youtube]8AZN-jBlYQk[/youtube]
If it does "He is a stronger man than me"

Wasnt going to get it, but am glad I did. The story line is very different to anything I have played before.
I just bought it! woohooo!
might get this for the ps3 when the hype dies down a bit. i would get the PC version but it doesnt have any commandline or custom server support.
woowooo! Ive just got off it from my last post smile

I likey very much... tbh I didnt think I would.
Morrisons west kirby. selling it for £26 they had 13 copies left before my mate got his there
http://fuckyouinfinityward.com/
whats that site all about violet? I went to it but didn't quite get it.
Links to torrents by the looks of it.

One thing i have read alot of in the reviews is that alot of the PC Gamers have a real chip on their shoulders about how the game isn't customisable enough and how it isn't alot better than the console version. I suppose game developers are always going to develop their games to get maximum revenue and the console market is so much more profitable than the PC market of course games are going to be poor ports.
we should have a Wiki team lol. clan tags are 4 letters now instead of 3 smile

[Wiki]ROMEO UK laugh
Hmm, even more reason I should get this.
just got mine smile
They had loads in Tesco last night - £40 a pop though omg
So when are you going to buy it? think
sainsburries £26 and they have stock, its 100000000times better than cod 4 wink
I'm tempted to go on the way home from work...
Ohhhhh grin *rubs hands
I'll have a look on the way back *rolling eyes*
Already have a "wallhack" and an aimbot released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MdSwgKtSYg&feature=player_embedded
like the ac 130 gun ship smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral