Forums
Posted By: Wheels Windows 7 problem - 2nd Nov 2009 7:46pm
Hey guys

I just installed Windows 7 on my main PC but im having a problem with my screen.

I either loose some of the screen on the side or some on the bottom (It is there I just cant see it on my tv) I did a print screen to show you but that shows the whole sreen as if I could see it all?

[Linked Image]

Any idea's on how I can see all the screen? Im mussing the bottom half of the task bar.
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Windows 7 problem - 2nd Nov 2009 8:08pm
have you looked in the desktop settings? Iv'e not got windows 7 so just guessing
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Windows 7 problem - 2nd Nov 2009 8:12pm
The problem is Windows 7. Lol.

How are you connecting (VGA, DVI or HDMI)? Update/reinstall your graphics driver. Look for an option to reset the display aspect on both the panel and within Windows.

Have no interest in Windows 7 and the bollox it brings with it, so can't be anymore specific with it, but it could well be just a bug with either the graphics driver or Windows itself, or an incompatability.

If it is okay in Vista, I would'nt stress too much, just jib Windows 7 off!!
Posted By: Wheels Re: Windows 7 problem - 2nd Nov 2009 8:22pm
make your mind up man raftl I thought you liked 7?

I just remembered I have not installed the Driver for My ATI graphics card so ill do that now and see what happens smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Windows 7 problem - 2nd Nov 2009 8:43pm
No, it's a glorified service pack for Vista - as I said the other day. But one Microsoft are trying to make a mint out of. When did I say I liked it lol.

tease
Posted By: DavidB Re: Windows 7 problem - 2nd Nov 2009 8:44pm
It has a few more settings in the desktop menu. Change resolution back and forth, etc. Have only had start-up problems on the beta of 7, but otherwise think it's excellent.
Posted By: little_pob Re: Windows 7 problem - 2nd Nov 2009 9:33pm
It may be that your TV has an unusual resolution. For example the 720p version of Samsung's 4 series LCD TV's have a resolution of 1366x768 rather than 1024x768 (more common on 720p plasma screens with 'non-square' pixels), 1280x720 or 1280x768. So double check the manual/google.
Posted By: angie Re: Windows 7 problem - 5th Nov 2009 8:35am
I have got a new laptop which has vista on I havent even turned it on yet as I am waiting for my free windows 7 upgrade to come in the post.Do you think I would be better turning it on for the first time with the windows 7 disc in so everything is newly loaded on 7 or would I have to run first setup with the already installed vista.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Windows 7 problem - 5th Nov 2009 12:25pm
I would suggest switching it on and running the vista first setup

As a fully working and activated version of Vista will be required to activate a Windows 7 upgrade
© Wirral-Wikiwirral