Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Shozu or similiar app - 15th Oct 2009 5:20pm
Anyone know where i can get a free app that allows you to send email attachments ie pix? Thanks
Posted By: Wheels Re: Shozu or similiar app - 15th Oct 2009 5:26pm
For the Iphone??
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Shozu or similiar app - 15th Oct 2009 6:02pm
no sony erikksm k800i
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Shozu or similiar app - 15th Oct 2009 6:43pm
I got a sony ericsson w850i.

Nice.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Shozu or similiar app - 15th Oct 2009 6:57pm
The inbuilt email client will allow you to send attatchments, including photo's, video's, sound's etc...

I know as I occasionally use my K800i when the battery on my HTC Uni is dying etc... It's actually rather poweful for a standard phone that isnt intended to be a smartphone, and it is okay for me and I use email for business 24/7. But if you have it checking evey 10 minutes like me, it does tend to wank you battery life down to 2 days or so, from the normal 7 days or so, which is annoying, as this mean the HTC actually lasts longer when email is considered (and that is essentially a pocket laptop, and I have it checking every 5 minutes and on 5 seperate accounts and it is constantly connected to the net, so it baffles me as to how the SE battery runs down so quick lol)

You can find the client within the Messaging menu, third option down below "Write New" and "Inbox". It is pretty straight forward to setup with standard email settings, I use it with POP, but I believe it is IMAP compatible as well. It has a fair few nice features and settings to be honest.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Shozu or similiar app - 15th Oct 2009 7:04pm
Oh yeah, you can also send pics/vids/sounds upto 96KB via MMS, all you do is put in the email address instead of a phone number.

The filesize limit may actually be bigger than this nowadays, I know the HTC says upto 600KB when in 3g mode, but this could be network dependent as the HTC is essentially running a generic OS rather than one made for the UK. But it was 96KB back in the olden days lol.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Shozu or similiar app - 15th Oct 2009 7:09pm
I hate this brick of a fone, much prefer me w300ì but the screens gone.
Rarely use this to talk just txt+ internet on operamini. I cant sort out the settings for email so do me emails on opera but cant add pix-i dont think. Used to use shozu app but that was bein an arse+ so i deleted it in a nark! Now cant find it again!
Hope father xmas brings me a nu fone!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Shozu or similiar app - 15th Oct 2009 7:12pm
What is the email provider, and ill see if I can give you the settings to setup your K800 with them.

smile
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Shozu or similiar app - 15th Oct 2009 7:13pm
Cant complain really. This fone gets ragged to the max wiv my internet usage!
Posted By: kimpri Re: Shozu or similiar app - 15th Oct 2009 8:09pm
rude, wots a shozu,in english please.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Shozu or similiar app - 16th Oct 2009 4:45pm
Its an application that allows users to upload pix to sites such as facebook on their mobes.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Shozu or similiar app - 16th Oct 2009 4:47pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
What is the email provider, and ill see if I can give you the settings to setup your K800 with them.

smile
ta. Googlemail.com
© Wirral-Wikiwirral