Forums
Posted By: buddy Adobe Photoshop - 7th Sep 2009 8:11pm
I have a copy of Adobe Photoshop 7 which went onto my old xp pc without asking for a serial no. - now having vista the same disc is asking for the serial no.- which of course I don't have
Anybody know where I can download this version or a later version for free? and if so idiots guide please!!!! I'm not so computer literate
Thanks in advance

Buddy
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Adobe Photoshop - 7th Sep 2009 8:18pm
shock horror...are you implying that we are all software pirates on here LOL.....is the disc you are using a real copy or is it a dvd-r .if it is a copied disc,then the chances are that there will be either a serial number or a key generator on it,have good look around the disc and look for a "nfo" file,this can be opened in notepad and usually will have instructions on how to install etc.
Posted By: scoops Re: Adobe Photoshop - 7th Sep 2009 8:41pm
If you can't get hold of photoshop you could always try downloading The Gimp It's a fully featured photo editing program similar to photoshop but a hell of a lot cheaper (free) smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Adobe Photoshop - 7th Sep 2009 9:58pm
Im still using CS3 - I can upload the portable version for you if you want, no need to hack or crack, just runs with ease, and less than 100MB in size, perfect for memory sticks etc.

Only problem is it has limitations, most noteably the fact it doesnt do most file formats apart from PSD, JPG and a few others etc, but for 99% of people it is okay.

Got the full version of CS3 too, but it needs to be re-installed seemingly every 8 weeks, havent bothered with CS4 as yet.
Posted By: buddy Re: Adobe Photoshop - 8th Sep 2009 11:23am
Thanks to all for your replies
Took phalinmegob's advice and searched for the serial no and found it in some file after opening windows explorer - and thats a first for me!!!! - so I'm up and running, well walking with it!!
MattLFC I would appreciate copy of CS3 if possible - being retired I could travel more or less anytime
(I live in E/port area)
thanks again all
Posted By: Nigel Re: Adobe Photoshop - 13th May 2010 9:45am
Adobe photoshop CS5 Extended is out now.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral