Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot Facebook Trojan Warning - 23rd Aug 2009 2:47pm
Had a red flashing warning on my Facebook this morning telling me I had trojans and tried direct me to a download site for the fix. My son in law had done this earlier this week and his hard drive was sent into fits. Norton charged him £75 to sort it out, although they didn't pick it up in the first place. I just shut down face book and it didn't come after so it must be in one of the pages I'd pulled up. Anyone else come across this one? If you do I would advise just coming out of facebook but whatever you do don't click on the link.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Facebook Trojan Warning - 23rd Aug 2009 2:52pm
sounds about right for facebook snob there is a lot flying about at the mow, takes the piss what do they get out of it. mad
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Facebook Trojan Warning - 23rd Aug 2009 2:57pm
They are making Facebook, Microsoft and the users of it, look like fools. What more reason do they need?

smile
Posted By: biscansplums Re: Facebook Trojan Warning - 23rd Aug 2009 6:17pm
I have no idea what "trojans" are. But yesterday my bro in laws computer went haywire while he was on facebook.

We managed to sort it out by going into his control panel and removing programs that had been added in the previous few days, then going back into facebook clearing all the request then restarting his laptop.

Posted By: SoundLad Re: Facebook Trojan Warning - 24th Aug 2009 9:54am
Facebook is good for uploading photos and using the status bit.. But what facebook isnt good for is Applications or the stupid addons it has.. Never ever except any applications or things unless your sure there safe first...
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Facebook Trojan Warning - 24th Aug 2009 10:36am
biscansplums, a "trojan" is an application hidden inside another one and it is programmed to wreak damage, or replicate itself and spread. Some are supposed to be harmless, yeah right.
It comes from the old story of the Greeks hiding inside a wooden horse, given as a gift, to get themselves into the city to wipe out the residents. The residents pulled it into the city themselves so it's a good description.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral