Forums
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 22nd Jul 2009 8:34pm
Ive just got an epson R300 printer for direct cd printing and when i try to print it prints so far off the cd you only see the ink on the plastic tray. any ideas?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 22nd Jul 2009 8:37pm
yeah...stop bootlegging!!! raftl
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 22nd Jul 2009 8:47pm
Haha its nothing like that mate. im a DJ and want to print the tracklisting of whats on each cd directly onto them rather than having scraps of paper that get tatterd.

No bootlegging involved wink
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 22nd Jul 2009 9:03pm
WHAT I WANT!!
[Linked Image]

WHAT I ACTUALLY GET!!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 22nd Jul 2009 10:00pm
Hi! There are hundreds of different lables out there so you will need to look for a drop down box and pick the media that is the same as your labels.Read the box just in case you are advised to pick a different but coresponding name Good Luck. use Nero
Posted By: SoundLad Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 22nd Jul 2009 10:20pm
Are you using Nero deadmau?? Cause if you are you can edit CD Labels with a program they provide which will print properly.. Plus im sure theres a Freeware copy around somewhere of an alternative. Gis a shout if you need it smile
Posted By: topofthepops Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 22nd Jul 2009 11:42pm
this is direct to printable CD'DVDs isn't it?

I use the epson R220 & use within the "Epson software" that came with it. It's usually spot on, but you may have to configure it a bit - it is a while since I used it, but from memory, you can make the printable area slightly smaller than the CD or DVD and you may have to set it a bit off center until you get it right, but then you know the settings for next time you use it.

Also remember when you choose print, choose Media Type CD/DVD

If the design you have done is far too big, you can hover over a corner and grap the corner to make it bigger or smaller.

Sorry, I am no good at explaining things sorry
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 22nd Jul 2009 11:47pm
That sounds very good topofthepops, makes sense to me and I have never even seen one thumbsup
Posted By: topofthepops Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 22nd Jul 2009 11:58pm
Just to add, if you click on the design you have done, you will get the handles at the sides and corners. While holding down the mouse you can move the design more to the center, then play around with the side handles to make it smaller.

Attached picture cd printer off center.jpg
Posted By: topofthepops Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 23rd Jul 2009 12:00am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
That sounds very good topofthepops, makes sense to me and I have never even seen one thumbsup

Thank you diggingdeeper blush
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 23rd Jul 2009 8:24am
I havent got the software as i bought it from a mate. i tried downloading it but it when i click print it tells me that the cd driver is not installed. yet it prints anyway but wrong!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 23rd Jul 2009 9:01am
Have you got Nero burning software, that usually comes with CD printing software.
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 23rd Jul 2009 9:06am
yeah im gonna try that when i go down to work as stupidlly left the printer in work yesterday forgetting i was off today.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 23rd Jul 2009 9:56am
nero printing and other progs are only for doing paper labels
I have the R300 software cd you can borrow
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 23rd Jul 2009 10:31am
Thanks derek but i have rang epson and they are sending me one out smile. thanks anyway
nero do lightScribe which is not a paper format but expensive special discs are required
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 23rd Jul 2009 8:57pm
Mentioning lightscribe, is it available for DVD as well as CD?
Posted By: topofthepops Re: EPSON R300 DIRECT CD PRINTING PROBLEM - 23rd Jul 2009 9:52pm
There are Lightscribe CD's & DVD's. But you have to have a lightscribe DVD writer.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral