Forums
Posted By: Mark Remove your Mobile from New Mobile Directory - 12th Jun 2009 7:35am
Remove your Mobile from New Mobile Directory

Someone can maybe add to this, as my notes are on a piece of paper.

Call : 0800 138 6263

or

TEXT the letter E (In caps) to 11 88 00

I think its on the bbc news site too.

If you don't do this which i find strange that you have to
you could be wide open to advertising calls and sales.

I think i will be doing mine today smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: Remove your Mobile from New Mobile Directory - 12th Jun 2009 8:59am
smile BBC
Posted By: Pomp Re: Remove your Mobile from New Mobile Directory - 12th Jun 2009 9:15am
118800 - Remove yourself Link

118800 - Removing by phone of text Link (As posted above by Mark)
Posted By: bri445 Re: Remove your Mobile from New Mobile Directory - 12th Jun 2009 10:01am
118800 link works fine...could not be easier!

But why do we have to opt out of this intrusion into privacy!!... It's all going too far and too fast!!

Thanks for the info.
Bri
I think this is a clever scam "It claims to have some 15m numbers in its database." I can claim I have that many numbers too. The reality of it is, they most prob don't. I think what there doing is spreading there new service all over the place, so when you ring them up or text them to "opt out". Then wham they now have your number to do as they wish. could sell on your number, use it for a partner or sister company. I wouldn't get intouch with them at all.
Originally Posted by jedimindtricks
I think this is a clever scam "It claims to have some 15m numbers in its database." I can claim I have that many numbers too. The reality of it is, they most prob don't. I think what there doing is spreading there new service all over the place, so when you ring them up or text them to "opt out". Then wham they now have your number to do as they wish. could sell on your number, use it for a partner or sister company. I wouldn't get intouch with them at all.

I think I'm with you on this.
We know there is a directory now but if you attempt to opt out are you just confirming your number to these guys? Will they then say that your number was still on the list they got hold of before you opted out?
I know trying to opt out for your BT phone is nigh on impossible.
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner

I know trying to opt out for your BT phone is nigh on impossible.

Try registering with TPS, it's mostly worked for us: http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/what/

Actually reading the FAQ on the TPS website says you can register your mobile number with them too.
Just registered with the TPS service
I hope registering with TPS works for you. I have heard of people that are registered but still get calls from companies. It seems that they have given there number to a company when asked and these companies have sold it on. In fairness I have not had any experience of this. I'm ex directory and if the number is withheld then I don't answer it
Posted By: suey30 Re: Remove your Mobile from New Mobile Directory - 12th Jun 2009 9:30pm
hi thanks for that i have just registered
Posted By: Nigel Re: Remove your Mobile from New Mobile Directory - 9th Apr 2010 12:08pm
What ever happened to 118800? The website says that the directory service for mobile phones at (www.118800.co.uk) has been indefinately suspended, this seems to have been the case for a while now.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral