Forums
Posted By: Waddi Nintendo DSi - 12th Oct 2008 7:58pm
The next version of Nintendo’s popular DS hand-held gaming console. After months of rumours, details have finally been confirmed about this update. The DSi will be only marginally trimmer than the existing model but will boast two slightly larger screens. It will also feature two cameras, where the current DS has none. One is a decent snapper, the second is a low-res webcam. It will have built-in memory to store downloadable games, pictures or music, whereas the present DS can store only music and needs an accessory to do so. The DSi forgoes Nintendo’s proprietory GameBoy Advance (GBA) slot in favour of a more useful SD memory-card slot. This will make it easier to play songs or view snaps, but the trade-off is that the DSi will no longer play GBA titles. It goes on sale in Japan from December, and in the UK from next spring.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

• Overall size has been reduced -- DSi is 12% or 2.6 millimeters slimmer than the Lite.
  • Comes with an external 0.3 Megapixel camera (for 640 x 480 pixel pictures) and a VGA camera located on the hinge, directed towards the user. You'll be able to edit pictures using the touchscreen.
  • Full music playback functionality, including adjustable pitch and playback speed.
  • Both screens have been expanded to 3.25 inches.
    SD memory card slot is included, and there'll be on-board memory also.
  • Will ship with an built-in Nintendo DS web browser.
  • DSi will allow users to download games from DSWare, a new service that operates with Wii Points -- or, as they are now known, Nintendo Points.
  • Logging onto DSWare for the first time will grant users 1,000 free Nintendo Points.
  • DSWare comes in four pricing categories: free (!), 200 Nintendo Points, 500 Nintendo Points, and 800 Nintendo Points.
  • Will come in lovely matte white and matte black. Begone, foul fingerprints that have taunted us so!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Nintendo DSi - 12th Oct 2008 8:00pm
Worth a look, the original was pretty cool smile cheers for the heads up waddi wink
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Nintendo DSi - 12th Oct 2008 8:07pm
oh boy - does it come in blood red? i have a midnight blue lite smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Nintendo DSi - 12th Oct 2008 8:12pm
just black and white at the time of launch.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Nintendo DSi - 12th Oct 2008 10:14pm
good, but abit of a piss poor camera on it, .3megpixel frown
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Nintendo DSi - 12th Oct 2008 10:15pm
yeah but that's just there so you can photograph your mooning when you just beat someone on Mario Kart DS and send it to them all.
Posted By: Pomp Nintendo DSi Launch-Trailer - 26th Feb 2009 5:10pm
The new Nintendo DSi, alot of improvements have been made to this new one.
Made good use of the camera.

[youtube]xE30WwKL_MY[/youtube]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Nintendo DSi Launch-Trailer - 26th Feb 2009 5:28pm
now that looks cool cool well better than the last one.
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: Nintendo DSi Launch-Trailer - 26th Feb 2009 9:03pm
I dunno, look like a glorified camera to me....I can't see me buying one. I hear the hardware is the same inside, so there be better looking game as i was hoping. Still we all said the wii was a gimmic, but it's huge now and i'm a total convert! SO i may eat my hat.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Nintendo DSi Launch-Trailer - 26th Feb 2009 9:12pm
does look cool

any spec on the cameras?

nice find pomp
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Nintendo DSi Launch-Trailer - 26th Feb 2009 9:23pm
Hmm,let me see. Stick a mobile phone in it, GPS?

Its so sugary for a trailer - young and old united in gaming *bleugh*

And the girl playing with her face - what a muppet!!

And so what you can do face recognition and piss about with your voice - this is all nothing new - its gimmicks that we will take 5 minutes to play with and then get bored.

So long as my R4 card fits - who cares what it looks like lol raftl
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Nintendo DSi Launch-Trailer - 28th Feb 2009 6:55am
hmmmmm think

i`m against the `matt` colouring, i can see there being a problem with wear and tear pretty rapidly, ie: colour fading/wearing resulting in scruffy looking console within 6 months no
bad move nintendo, a design fault already foreseen!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral