Forums
Posted By: MattLFC iPhail 2.0 Announced - 9th Jun 2008 7:22pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Apple has unveiled a second generation of its iPhone, with support for faster 3G wireless networks.

The company is hoping to boost its share of the smartphone market, which is dominated by Nokia and Blackberry.

The new devices were launched by Apple boss Steve Jobs who said the phone would be "more affordable" for consumers, starting at $199 (£100).

The new iPhone also comes with GPS satellite navigation built in for location-based services.

The iPhone was first launched last year and was criticised for its support for slower 2G networks only.

Mr Jobs said the 3G iPhone was "three times faster" downloading content over a mobile network compared to the original device.

What a load of bollocks!!

iPhone my arse - It doesnt matter what the hell o2 try, they simply cannot shift them, because outside of the US, people are actually clued up about mobiles and not still living in a 2.5G past where they just bend over and let the networks rob them! raftl

BBC News Report
Posted By: Wheels Re: iPhail 2.0 Announced - 9th Jun 2008 8:11pm
hahaha i remember talking about this and the big opening at the carphonewarehouse raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: iPhail 2.0 Announced - 9th Jun 2008 8:53pm
yeah me too haha
Posted By: Wheels Re: iPhail 2.0 Announced - 30th Jul 2008 12:26pm
well i bought one. Ha ha smile

99quid for it and a pretty good contract that i can cancel anytime after 9months if i wanted. Only draw back is i have to wait til i get home on my laptop to register it.

So its goodbye to the trusty n95 that im using to type this message frown it served me well. I shall keep it tho. But the iphone has been improved enough for me to warrant buying it now. I am glad i didnt buy the first one and waited for the 3g version.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral