Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Freesat Opens New Scam Opportunity For Currys - 16th May 2008 6:17pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
Customers at high street stores are incorrectly being told they can only buy Freesat equipment if they also pay for an arranged installation.

Receivers are meant to be available on a standalone basis, allowing millions of people who already have a satellite dish to take home a set-top box, connect it and watch Freesat.

However, several Digital Spy forum members have reported that staff, mainly at branches of Currys, refusing to sell unless they pay extra for an engineer to install it.

Because the TV channels carried on Freesat's electronic programme guide originate from the same satellites that most consumer satellite dishes - including those fitted to receive Sky - already point to, Freesat services can be received by nearly all dishes in the UK simply by connecting a new set top box.

Some forum members have had to argue with staff before they are eventually sold a standalone box, while others have been told that dishes fitted for Sky will not work with Freesat.

Absolutely bang out of order; will these shops EVER employ people who understand technology instead of just salesmen who are only after increasing profits and commission!!

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: Mark Re: Freesat Opens New Scam Opportunity For Currys - 17th May 2008 8:36pm
Bang out of Order mad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Freesat Opens New Scam Opportunity For Currys - 21st May 2008 2:00pm
out of order that somad dont think they will take off seeyu
Posted By: Wheels Re: Freesat Opens New Scam Opportunity For Currys - 21st May 2008 2:26pm
i bought one last month and it is not easy to install at all. And you have to spend £20 on a installation kit anyway so i'd rather pay someone to do it properly for me than spend hours getting it almost right myself. I got a good deal on a HD box and dish but gave up and took it back the next day frown

Or maybe i'm just poo. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral