Forums
Posted By: IzzZzzY For the third and final time.. - 1st May 2008 10:14am
Ok so.. i've run every known virus check known to man and yet my PC is still sodding up. Last night alone i had 45 pop ups for no reason whatsoever, AVG and McAfee found viruses and said it deleted them but my PC is still eating itself. Even simple things like my keyboard is starting to go dodgy, it wont let me log onto my Google home page and on this site it wont let me post anything or use the "Active topics" thingy (I'm using my lappy atm).

Anyone, help.. please.. before it gets chucked out of a window.. lol xXx
Posted By: SoundLad Re: For the third and final time.. - 1st May 2008 10:22am
I could sort it out for you smile where do you live ?
Posted By: Wheels Re: For the third and final time.. - 1st May 2008 10:44am
[Linked Image]
doh raftl
Posted By: SoundLad Re: For the third and final time.. - 1st May 2008 10:54am
lol wheels.. tease its just easy to sort it out instead of explaining.. smile
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: For the third and final time.. - 1st May 2008 11:14am
Lol my own stalker, yay ! haha. I live down the road from your work tease Is it something simple or will it take ages to fix ? I'll send you a PM at some point to see when your free smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: For the third and final time.. - 1st May 2008 11:17am
alright smile depends what it is.. Got an inclin with the popups your getting so shouldnt take too long bout 20 minutes or so but if its something different it might take longer but ive got inclin of what it might be so i can have a quick look if it is i'll fix it if not i'll suggest what to do smile
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: For the third and final time.. - 1st May 2008 11:22am
Okies dude, thankies smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 7:06pm
Ewido virus/spyware remover:

http://www.grisoft.com/ww.download-trial

Always works for me.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 7:23pm
NOD32, best i have ever used. It finds and deletes virus' alot of others can't

I recently swapped Symantec on the boss' kids PC for Nod32. Symantec was reporting 1 virus it couldn't delete, installed Nod 32, it foound nearly 30 and deleted every single one and has been perfect ever since.

I will never go anywhere else for my virus protection.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 7:37pm
Yep I think you probably know by now AX, I agree 110% with that. Nod32 has consistently performed in tests for over half a decade now, and has never failed to achieve 100% in Virus Bulletin and AV Comparatives tests (the industry standard for virus scanner checking).

It can even in most cases, detect new virus's that arnt yet known thanks to it's industry leading heuristic technology, Threatsense.

The other major winning aspect for Nod over all other Antivirus software, which in itself is worth having it for, is the tiny memory footprint it uses and non-intrusive way in which it works. There is nothing worse then having antivirus software that uses a mass of memory and literally rapes you're CPU for no reason, even moreso when they are actually pretty lame at defending you in the event of a virus, like Norton etc...

I am now using ESET Smart Security and have been for a good 6 months or more. It includes Nod32 but also a pretty strong and "quiet but clever" firewall, adware and spyware filters, and spam protection. Perfect security package imho.

smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 7:41pm
where can i get nod32? how much is it? (rather not pay if i dont have to, if u get my meaning wink ) lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 7:43pm
I can upload a dodgy version for you which "does" work, or you can get it from http://www.eset.com/purchase/index.php.

smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 7:45pm
aye sounds mate, pm me a link or somethin if u do upload it, cheers smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 7:47pm
Ill upload it to my download server and post the link on here when its done; at me birds though so only a 400Kbps upload, could take a while lol frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 8:20pm
Sorry I took so long, forgot about it lol:

http://www.xcellweb.net/downloads/2644ESS.v3.0.645.zip

Enjoy smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 8:20pm
no rush really mate, be grateful for it tho as just usin avg free atm which is shite really, but then wot can i expect for taking the free version anyway

just give us a shout later when it's done. got nothing but drink planned for tonight lol so will just check back periodically
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 8:21pm
Haha posted that as you posted too smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 8:24pm
mad timing hehe cheers mate
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 8:26pm
Lol, I will assume you will know how to patch it and rig the license file, but if you have any problems lemme know and ill help ye.

smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 8:32pm
well i dunno if i did it right... couldnt see where to check "setup update parameters later" but did the rest lol... dont think it's done it (altho it did say it had when i ran the break thingy, but the upgrade links r still in the app - hjavent restarted it tho come to think of it)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For the third and final time.. - 2nd May 2008 8:35pm
Right do the following:

Install it
Install the license file
Install the breaker
Restart

and then look how many days the trial period has left; it should be 24,745.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral