Forums
Posted By: MattLFC BBC Takes F1 Rights - 20th Mar 2008 4:49pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
Formula One is to return to the BBC from next season after it took the rights from ITV.

The corporation today said it had secured all-platform rights from 2009-2013. The deal is reportedly worth around £200m.

Dominic Coles, the BBC's director of sport rights, said: "The biggest motorsporting event in the world is returning home after 12 years.

"F1 is a crown jewel of sports broadcasting, so to bring the rights back to their traditional home from 2009 is tremendously exciting.

"Fans will be able to enjoy uninterrupted, state of the art and innovative coverage from BBC Sport, across all of our TV, radio and new media platforms, for the first time since 1996."

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: fordsteve Re: BBC Takes F1 Rights - 20th Mar 2008 6:16pm
great hate f1 on itv the breaks do my head in thumbsup
Posted By: Mark Re: BBC Takes F1 Rights - 20th Mar 2008 6:16pm
That's Grrrreeeeaaaat happy

I wonder if Murry will come back too.

-------
I think i counted something like 15 breaks on a F1 Coverage
for adverts.. And most were as the race was on..

BBC - No Adverts wicked smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BBC Takes F1 Rights - 20th Mar 2008 6:23pm
Did anyone ever take the F1 on Sky coverage? It was aimed at enthusiasts as it was £12.00 per race, but it had no adverts on the entire show.

I think they stopped it in 2006 or 2007 due to lack of audience share.

smile
Posted By: Mark Re: BBC Takes F1 Rights - 20th Mar 2008 6:27pm
Never heard of it?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BBC Takes F1 Rights - 20th Mar 2008 6:29pm
Ill see if I can find any info on it. Me dad used to watch the F1 on it back in the day, he hated the adverts on ITV.

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BBC Takes F1 Rights - 20th Mar 2008 6:35pm
Just thought of a potential advantage for anyone interested in, but the move to BBC means there is a strong likelyhood that the races will be broadcast in HD too.

Probably on Sky and Virgin to begin with, but space for a BBC HD channel has already been allocated on DTT to co-incide with the digitial switchover.

smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: BBC Takes F1 Rights - 20th Mar 2008 6:37pm
oh fantastic happy i can watch the race in peace stopped watching it after it moved from Beeb..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BBC Takes F1 Rights - 20th Mar 2008 6:38pm
Another thing about the Sky offering, was it was interactive as well as ad-free.

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BBC Takes F1 Rights - 20th Mar 2008 6:45pm
This is the Sky service launch details:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a4814/formula-one-goes-interactive-on-sky-digital.html
© Wirral-Wikiwirral