Forums
Posted By: Mark Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 6th Mar 2008 7:16pm
Well for those that enjoy testing Beta software... DO NOT install on a Production System (you've been warned)

As posted on DailyTech
Microsoft Releases Internet Explorer 8 Beta

Microsoft Download site: Internet Explorer 8 Readiness Toolkit

Here is the download link for Firefox 3.0b3 Beta
click to download - Firefox 3 Beta 3

DailyTech reported last month that Microsoft was on the verge of releasing test versions of the Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) web browser. Microsoft made good on that promise today with the public release of IE8 Beta 1 at the MIX Conference in Las Vegas.

The beta browser is available for a wide range of Windows operating systems including Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2003 SP2. According to Microsoft, IE8 Beta 1 will not install on "prerelease versions of Windows Vista SP1" or "checked versions of Windows".

IE8 includes a number of new features including the "Activities" contextual data management service, a new Favorites Bar, an improved Phishing Filter, Automatic Crash Recovery and “Webslices”.

Microsoft software architect Alexander Strauss goes on to explain Webslices, stating, “Webslices are simply portions of arbitrary websites to which a user can subscribe to. This enables a user to have updates of sites he regularly visits right at his fingertips without navigating to the respective sites. A webslice behaves just like an RSS Feed. The slice itself will be added to the Favorites bar of IE8 when a user subscribes to a webslice. In order to subscribe to a slice it must be discovered. The discovery is quite easy as IE8 will display a special symbol if a page offers a Webslice.”

IE8 will face some stiff competition from Mozilla later this year. Mozilla's Firefox 3.0 web browser is currently in the Beta 3 phase and has received generally favorable reviews around the web.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 6th Mar 2008 7:21pm
Me think's ill pass... grin

IE7 will do for now smile
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 6th Mar 2008 7:36pm
i'll stick with thy trusty firefox, not a problem so far!
Posted By: Mark Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 6th Mar 2008 7:39pm
Apparently there is a IE7 Toggle lol
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 6th Mar 2008 9:55pm
I have a good program on my computer at work that has every single version of IE since version 3.

Still think Firefox is far better, fingers crossed IE8 will be a bit better and will adhere to web standards a bit better than IE7.
Posted By: Mark Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 6th Mar 2008 11:33pm
I have the same program just not installed it yet wink

FF is much better as a css too than any other product i know.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 7th Mar 2008 1:01am
i've never used ff for css before... have heard ppl talkin about usin it for css stuff tho
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 7th Mar 2008 1:34am
Originally Posted by Mark
I have the same program just not installed it yet wink

FF is much better as a css too than any other product i know.

Even FF isnt fully compliant with CSS wink

Opera is suposedly better at rendering it??
Posted By: Mark Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 7th Mar 2008 10:35am
No FF has the web developer add in
and you can adjust ccs live and see the changes as they happen.
Even Dream weaver is slower at it then FF wink

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 7th Mar 2008 2:21pm
That wouldnt be FF out of the box though would it? Hence, most people wouldnt be able to use th developer add-in to render pages, because they wouldnt install it (well wouldnt know anything about it lol).

smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 7th Mar 2008 4:54pm
DO NOT install on a Production System (you've been warned)

Whats a production system?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Internet Explorer 8 Beta - 7th Mar 2008 5:14pm
Originally Posted by WADDI
DO NOT install on a Production System (you've been warned)

Whats a production system?

A system that you use matey. IE. One that isnt used solely for testing new software etc...

In other words, 99.9% of user's should'nt use it.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral