Forums
Posted By: Pomp 3 USB Modem - 19th Feb 2008 2:47pm
"3 USB modem

The Internet is now mobile. The 3 USB modem gives you truly mobile broadband that’s easy to use and won’t cost you an arm and a leg. It means freedom from wires and hotspots, and access to the Internet at breakneck speeds.

Once you’ve got your hands on your shiny new USB modem you can be up and running in just five minutes. And when you’re in a Turbo Network area you’ll get lightening web access speeds of up to 2.8MBps. Which means you’ll be able to download files at the same speed as you would at home, but without being chained to your computer. It’s Internet access whenever and wherever you want.

To use your 3 USB modem you’ll need a few things. Your computer or laptop needs a minimum of 50MB hard disk space, 1 free USB port, a Windows 2000, XP, Vista or and Mac OSX operating system. Installation is quick and easy. And the great user-friendly Modem Manager interface not only manages your connection, it displays all the messages you receive on your mobile broadband number. You can even reply to your text messages while logged in."

Specification

Size
Dimensions: 14.5 x 89.4 x 42.6 mm
Weight: 50g
Maximum download speed
3600 kbps
Maximum upload speed
384 kbps
Network interface
USB

[Linked Image]

http://threestore.three.co.uk/payg/Default.aspx?modem=1&id=1201

Posted By: Pomp Re: 3 USB Modem - 19th Feb 2008 2:47pm
Any one know how these things work?
Posted By: Mark Re: 3 USB Modem - 19th Feb 2008 4:06pm
Its like the voda phone one i have for my laptop
only the one above is on a usb.

You need to have a 3g contract i guess.
Or PAYAYG pay as you go.

And when they have your bank details you can surf anywhere.
Until you get your next bill lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 USB Modem - 19th Feb 2008 6:08pm
Im not understanding the point in this thread? These have been out for over a year now, in different varients?? Loads of people on Digital Spy use them, with mixed results, some people struggling to get dial-up speeds, others surpassing 1Mbps...

You are better off with T-Mobile rather then 3 however, as their tariff's are lower, although 3 do offer a Pay As You Go service... costing £10.00 per GB; I think ill pass on that one.

smile
Posted By: Pomp Re: 3 USB Modem - 19th Feb 2008 7:40pm
Never seen these before ya no maybe not advertised enough. The idea of this thread is to get more information out of them as I didn't know that much about em an how they worked but Mark said it all in one post.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 3 USB Modem - 19th Feb 2008 7:53pm
Just use the 3 network like you use ya phone to surf the web although these offer far faster speeds then a phone. The big drawback however is the cost (and the fact that you either get a great speed or a shit speed lol).

smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: 3 USB Modem - 20th Feb 2008 12:25am
3 PAYG tarif

Usb modem - £99

Add-on----------Data allowance per 30 days-----Price per 30 days
Broadband Lite------------1GB------------------------£10
Broadband Plus------------3GB------------------------£15
Broadband Max------------7GB------------------------£25
Posted By: Waddi Re: 3 USB Modem - 20th Feb 2008 12:28am
the catch is, if you go over your allowance they charge you £1 per MB
Posted By: Pomp Re: 3 USB Modem - 20th Feb 2008 12:30am
Oh right cheers for that Waddi