Forums
Posted By: Waddi Laptop upgrade - 6th Feb 2008 11:20pm
Ok guys, I've done my fair share of desktop and tower builds and upgrades but how do I upgrade a laptop, RAM, HDD etc.

I currently have a only 40gb hdd (95%FULL) and only 256 RAM.

Where the cheapest place for parts?
How do I know what parts I need? DDR etc

thanks
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Laptop upgrade - 7th Feb 2008 12:25am
Tis easy fella; same as a desktop, just smaller parts and different way's to put them in.

Best place is www.ebuyer.com for cheap components.

Ive ordered thousands of pounds worth of stuff from them over the year's never had any problems.

smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Laptop upgrade - 7th Feb 2008 11:26am
dabs can be good too... sometimes cheaper than ebuyer on things... and vice versa - i usually compare prices between the two before i order anythin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Laptop upgrade - 7th Feb 2008 12:40pm
Ive had a few issue's with Dabs in the past though, they used to be okay, but they supplied a faulty printer, and then refused to take it back, told me to contact HP, who couldnt understand why Dabs wouldnt sort it as it was faulty on arrival/within 28 days of sale, told me that it was legally upto Dabs to replace or refund, Dabs were having none of it, and after weeks of arguing with them, including HP actually telling them to take the printer back and give me a replacement, HP eventually took it back and sent me a new one, even though clearly it was the responsibility of the vendor.

I wouldnt want to shell out £100 on a hard drive, find it is faulty on arrival, then get stung by Dabs incompetence and total disregard for their customers by being told to go to the manufacturer for a replacement of somthing that they are legally liable for!

There is very few things Dabs are cheaper then eBuyer on, eBuyer in general, are the cheapest on the net, plus Dabs delivery charges are extortionate, eBuyer offer free delivery over £49 so thats a major plus for most people.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral