Forums
Posted By: Mark Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 8:25pm
Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - Late credit payment & No Show.

Update : I sacked off Virgin last December 15th.
Contract canceled in full Jan 15th.

They arranged with me a time 5pm + 15th Jan to pick up my BOX.
They didn't show. x2 peeps in the house.

I got my final bill from virgin today, in the post.
Which as i was expecting a credit, as you always pay a month in advance.

So with the over lap i was due £33 smile
The bill was a little confusing so i rang to make sure it was a credit and not a debit.

I explained that no engineer called and there were people in the house. They said he did. I called Him a lier he did not show at my house and told them that if an engineer does not come and
get the box by tomorrow which is 7 days after he was late its going in the bin.

I was told that if they dont call back i can do what i want with it and throw it in the bin if i want lol....

===================
Second Call to Virgin 10 mins later?
As i looked at my bank account there was no credit of £33
on or around the 15th of Jan.

So called them up and chased it up where was my credit?
They said it hadn't been released and would do that now.
It will be sent as a cheque.

How long do virgin want to keep my money for?
So lets see how long it takes for the cheque to arrive
and to end up cleared in my account.

Cheeky Sods.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 8:28pm
Lol ever since NTL bought out CWC, they have never been much good with billing...

We used to get really weird bills from them, one reason we moved to Sky. The amount of friends and family I know who have problems with the billing side of NTL is hurrendous.

Mind you, BT arnt much better either, im glad I got rid of them when I did!
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 10:36pm
Im fed up with Virgin when my contract finishes on the 16th Feb this year im cancelling the whole service.. Getting BT and sky so i can have my sky one back.. i hate Virgin media so much even the On demand is shite.. Im fed up with em already.. Role on 16th feb smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 10:39pm
Lol, once you get on BT, be sure to get the line rental from someone else; BT have a nasty habbit of ripping people off by over-charging them for line rental!
Posted By: philmch Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 10:46pm
I agree, Virgin are rubbish.

Was going to get cable - phone and broadband last spring which they charged me for but didn't install. They then started charging me for the service which I wasn't receiving.

It took 9 months to get my money back. Hope the sods go out of business.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 10:47pm
I hope someone pops Virgins cherry soon cause then it'l be sexually releaved.. hehe tease
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 10:49pm
lmao Lee!
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 11:01pm
Virgin Media sent me a phone bill a few months back, it was for £68 - and honestly, i hardly use the home phone, so i went through the numbers and most of them i didnt know of.. anywho.. after about 3 weeks of calling and arguing with Virgin they finally looked into it.. turns out my bill was £15 and there was a "Cross line" and i was being charged for someone elses calls, feckers - i moaned at them so much i got a full refund, phone, tv and net and a months free services laugh
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 11:02pm
cool izzy happy
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 11:02pm
Originally Posted by Izzy
Virgin Media sent me a phone bill a few months back, it was for £68 - and honestly, i hardly use the home phone, so i went through the numbers and most of them i didnt know of.. anywho.. after about 3 weeks of calling and arguing with Virgin they finally looked into it.. turns out my bill was £15 and there was a "Cross line" and i was being charged for someone elses calls, feckers

Yep that happened to us not long after NTL bought CWC UK Residential. It has happened to a couple of people I know since. I am sure they do it on purpose in the hope that you dont notice it and they make profit out of people, because I cant really see how it can happen to so many people!!

mad
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 11:06pm
Proper pains in my backside, you would think they would put some effort into in and charge people that *always* have a high phone bill lol.. i've got Sky in my bedroom, stuck with Virgin till April sadly.. then im changing to Sky for everything.. and cas i dont have a BT line and it costs £125 (no joke..) to get put on.. Sky have said they would refund me that cost, so its not to bad.. just cant wait till April lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 11:11pm
and cas i dont have a BT line and it costs £125 (no joke..) to get put on.. Sky have said they would refund me that cost, so its not to bad.. just cant wait till April lol

Thats nice of them; is that so you will be able to get Sky Broadband and Sky Talk, or because they want to "gain" you from VM?

I know they do that for new customers, didnt realise they would do it for existing customers as well!

Lol!
Posted By: Mark Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 11:12pm
Just to add ive mentioned it in another thread.

But they called me when i canceled my contract,
and offered me a VM+ Box or what ever its called.

Free Installation
No Extra monthly Fees (I heard it was £15 per month)
4 mb Broadband.
Ok Basic TV Package.

All for under £30 a month.
I would have squeezed them for £25 all in wink
But My Sky + Deal was unbeatable smile

So that's what you get offered when you leave them smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 11:14pm
Have you seen their comparison page for the V+ service and box... they compare with Sky+ and SkyHD...

And they bragg that SkyHD costs £10.00 per month and V+ is only £5.00 per month or free with the XL tv pack... but what they forget to mention is the fact that SkyHD subscription potentially includes 15 HD channels, their HD services includes BBC HD and has no more capacity to even launch Channel 4HD!!!
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 11:20pm
I wouldnt stay with VM for anything.. load of poo they are

Sky were really nice about it all, but when it comes to getting rid of VM and getting everything on Sky i dont have to pay any further instilation charges and im getting the multi-room that should cost £10pm for free.. but thats cas i was saying i wasnt sure about leaving VM laugh lol so.. £40pm for Sky talk, BB and TV + Multi room.. and ive got all the channels apart from movies - then £11 line rental to BT laugh
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 11:21pm
I wouldnt stay with VM for anything.. load of poo they are

Sky were really nice about it all, but when it comes to getting rid of VM and getting everything on Sky i dont have to pay any further instilation charges and im getting the multi-room that should cost £10pm for free.. but thats cas i was saying i wasnt sure about leaving VM laugh lol so.. £40pm for Sky talk, BB and TV + Multi room.. and ive got all the channels apart from movies - then £11 line rental to BT laugh

Haha quality, try and get onto Sky Talk landline too! Saves a quid a month, but most importantly, it frees you of BT.

For £8.99 a month line rental, go to Toucan.

smile
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 11:22pm
Sorted laugh lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 21st Jan 2008 11:24pm
Yeah, BT are absolute ..., believe me!!

Hate the fookers with a passion, almost as much as NTL!

Sky are by no means perfect... but compared to BT and NTL they look like saints!!
Posted By: Mark Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 26th Jan 2008 12:02pm
Cheque Arrived this morning smile
Will pop it in the bank "Monday" and at a guess be cleared on "Friday"

So a rough guess, seeing that i paid my bill on the 15th
of every month, and my contract canceled on the 15th,
that means they kept my money in there coffers for 2 weeks extra.

And also since Virgin took over my name has gained an extra
letter in it. Lets hope its not going to effect this check
as it also has the extra letter in my name so it looks like
i have a middle name?

Should be able to blag it wink
Posted By: Mark Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 12th Feb 2008 6:03pm
Originally Posted by Mark see first post
Update : I sacked off Virgin last December 15th.
Contract canceled in full Jan 15th.

They arranged with me a time 5pm + 15th Jan to pick up my BOX.
They didn't show. x2 peeps in the house.

They Turned up for my Box today raftl
I told him it was in the BIN, as i had been told that i could.
But i hadn't thrown it in the bin.

After a Bit of slagging off Virgin, as yu do. ( I do now lol)
The Guy said that virgin are Charging Peeps £250 for
none returned boxes. So i went into one saying it should
have been picked up in early jan.

Anyway, i really couldn't be arsed with virgin and gave
him the box as it was useless to me.

And got a receipt.

So even though i had left them they still tried to screw me. somad

Moral of the story.
Unless you have Evidence to Bin the Box for them not turning up.
Be prepared for the debt to be sold on and a whole load of problems.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 12th Feb 2008 6:05pm
cheeky sod how bad that charging that much for set top box
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 12th Feb 2008 6:07pm
Thats disgusting. Since Richard Branston Pickle took over NTL its been shite.. I cant wait untill i get rid of it..
Posted By: Mark Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 12th Feb 2008 6:11pm
So the moral as i say lee, hang on to your box
even though you dont want too.

Until you have somthing in writing.
But a month late, and the guy said the other visits he's done
and there siging the same tune.

NO ENGINEER TURNED UP. NO CARD THROUGH THE DOOR !!

An engineer can be needed to disconnect the service.
I done mine my self.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 12th Feb 2008 6:16pm
Yer its dead easy.. What cracks me up mate is when they sent out the NEW modem cause they are to lazy to send out engineers to do it for you. It tooke me seconds to be online with the new modem.. Virgin is the worst company ever..
Posted By: Mark Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 12th Feb 2008 6:18pm
I'm amazed there not on Watch Dog more?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 12th Feb 2008 10:56pm
Cheeky barstard, the chipped cable boxes are only a ton, so how can they value them at £250
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 13th Feb 2008 12:57am
Originally Posted by SoundLad
Thats disgusting. Since Richard Branston Pickle took over NTL its been shite.. I cant wait untill i get rid of it..

Need to point out that Branson, somewhat to his credit, never actually "took over" NTL Telewest, he recieved 5.00% of the company in share's as a result of the sale of Virgin Mobile to NTL a few years back.

As a shareholder and a good businessman, he proposed a way to integrate both NTL and Telewest network's, as well as to create a unified brand and move away from the somewhat damaged NTL and Telewest brand's, would be for him to lease the Virgin brand (he fully own's the Virgin brand, but actually own's very few of the companies that operate under it nowadays) to the company for a period of 30 year's, and hopefully this would increase profit's etc...

Im not 100% sure if he take's a license payment for the lease of the brand or not, but he doesnt actually "own" Virgin Media, just like he has nothing to do with the like's of Virgin EMI or the former Virgin Megastores etc...

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 13th Feb 2008 1:01am
Oh yeahm and as for £250.00 for the box... cheeky fookin Grrrs raftl
Posted By: placidmaster Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 13th Feb 2008 1:35am
was with them three months and politely told them to jog on, customer service was shit,bband not much better, and calls cost a fortune, best thing i did was give bt 25 a month for total bb option 3 with 25pc discount on calls, as for the virgin box i took it clay pigeon shooting with me and my bro, we had a good day thye box did not
Posted By: Mark Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 13th Feb 2008 11:40am
Cheeky Sods part 2

I also got my mum the sky deal i have.
So we cancelled at the same time.

She didn't have a problem with the collection of the box.
How ever they called back a week later for the modem.

How ever.

£18 charged for a Service she doesn't have.

So on the phone, to billing and then cancellation.
The cheeky sods.
Account is being credited before the £18 is removed.

When "I" cancelled for my mum, they did not cancel the modem,
but how strange they collected it?

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Even if i fell out with SKY i wouldn't return to virgin ever again.
Posted By: jonah Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 13th Feb 2008 11:46am
omg thats absolutely disgraceful, guess we all know how Branson is lining his pockets and paying for his islands now....
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 14th Feb 2008 7:39am
Tis damn cheeky that, I can't believe how they expect to get aay with shit like this, they were probably hoping the customer wouldnt realise them taking one final bit of money or something...

Good job you and you're mum are on the ball or they may just have gotten away with it!!
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 14th Feb 2008 7:59am
I had Virgin installed when we moved in ,in October(only temp).had no probs with the product to be honest but there billing system and customer service are a complete joke. They failed to take any money for my broadband for three months even though i had set up a direct debit this resulted in me being cut off.when i contacted them the Indian lady on the other end struggled to understand me as i did her ,i was on the phone for over 2hrs and on hold for most of it. The long and short of it is they spelt my name wrong by one letter and the BACS system could not find an account .Surely they should of notified me of this but oh no they just kept trying for the money from an account that technically didn't exsist.So at this point they were demanding over 70 quid form me to be reconnected on xmas eve. I refused and told them to terminate my contract they told me i would have to pay to do this as i was under contract i reminded them that they had possibly breached there contract and i would be taking legal advice.BINGO i got my bill paid any phone calls refunded and an eighty pound compensation payment credited to my account ,so i havent anything to pay for my TV or broadband till the end of Feb.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 14th Feb 2008 8:41am
virgin also informed me that all broadband widths will be increasing this year free of charge to "reward their customers and keep up market pressure"we will see
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Virgin Media : Cheecky Sods - 14th Feb 2008 8:58am
Originally Posted by jonno39
"reward their customers and keep up market pressure"we will see

reward their customers? No, they will simply throttle more and increase the FUP... they are finding it hard as it is, because bandwidth, believe it or not, cost's money, and NTL Telewest dont particuarly have that strong a backbone and need to rely on peering agreements and IP transit carrier's etc... NTL Telewest are struggling compared to others because the likes of BT, Sky (Easynet), Telefonica o2, Tiscali etc all have massive European networks, and they don't.

keep up market pressure? yes, because 50Mbps is just over double the 24Mbps service that Be* offer's, and the average consumer can be fooled into thinking it mean's a better service... but it doesnt. There are few server's that can sustain over 3 - 4Mbps, even less that can sustain over 8Mbps. 2Mbps is as fast as 90% of the population actually need, 16Mbps for the rest... Nobody needs 20Mbps, 24Mbps, 50Mbps or 100Mbps, the internet is reaching capacity as it is, within 3 year's they are predicting a complete crash; we only have to see what happened in Egypt to week's ago to see how desperate the situation is.

It's a number's game... but having a 50Mbps service will make virtually zero difference over having a 20Mbps service...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral