Forums
Posted By: MattLFC BBC Wishes ITV Good Luck - 14th Jan 2008 9:37pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
BBC newsroom chief Peter Horrocks has said that the return of ITV1's News at Ten will be good for viewers.

Writing on the BBC editors' blog, Horrocks wished his competitors at ITN luck with the programme's return.

"The return of the famous bongs is a stimulating, if scary one, for the BBC," he said. "But it's scary in a good way. Since ITN gave up the News at Ten slot the BBC has consistently outperformed the late evening news on ITN. I don't think it's good for us, or the viewer, to be that dominant - strong competition is good for everyone. Putting the two bulletins head to head will keep all of us on our toes, which is good for both the BBC and ITN, and for audiences."

He added that the BBC would be watching minute-by-minute audience numbers to see whether those viewers who switch over from ITV1 to watch the BBC's 10pm bulletin continue to do so.

I think thats a pretty fair and true statement by aunty!

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: SoundLad Re: BBC Wishes ITV Good Luck - 16th Jan 2008 9:26am
happy the bongs are back nono lets hope it doesnt cut in the films that itv put on.. I hated that.. LOL
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: BBC Wishes ITV Good Luck - 16th Jan 2008 12:53pm
yeah same here, news at 10 in the middle of a film no
Posted By: MGCraig Re: BBC Wishes ITV Good Luck - 16th Jan 2008 3:28pm
Bah....and isnt Trevor Mcdonald having the job back.......GGGGGRRRRRRR i ABSOLUTELY DESPISE THAT MAN
Posted By: MattLFC Re: BBC Wishes ITV Good Luck - 16th Jan 2008 3:34pm
Nah, he's a legend is Guniness!

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral