Forums
Posted By: jonah batteries and charger - 17th Nov 2007 8:09am
can anyone recommend a good set of batteries and charger for use with a digital camera... as all probably know, my other half, chiccy, decided to blow up the one we had by puttin normal batteries in it smack doh
Posted By: Wheels Re: batteries and charger - 17th Nov 2007 10:04am
i got mine from curry's. £40 for 4 AA Type 2700mah . They last fooking ages and charge up after 20mins in there own fan cooled charger.

You can buy more of the 2700mah batterys for about £10 for 4.

Remember to look at the milli amps an hour rating (mah) the higher the better.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: batteries and charger - 17th Nov 2007 12:25pm
In the co-op atm there doing 600ma Engerizer rechargable batterys and you get a Free charger with it.. But the price im no so sure about... But they look good cause there engerizer ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: batteries and charger - 17th Nov 2007 2:58pm
I got these 2400's and 1 hour charger for mine:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=45804&criteria=batteries&doy=17m11

Went to aintree to get them, absolutely made up with both the quality of the batteries and the charger. There has since been a few "better" Maplin chargers available with the same batteries for cheaper then this.

It includes a 12v car charger adaptor as well as the normal mains adapter too, which is very handy for when you forget to charge the batteries.

My batteries tend to outlast my memory card (2GB), the other week at Hilbre for instance, I shot over 300 photographs and around 15 minutes of video, and the memory card/backup memory card/phone memory completely ran out, but the batteries were still fine.

With flash, they give about 420 shots, in night mode with 4 second exposures, they give around 360ish.

Only take an hour to charge. Lidl were doing 4x 2500's a few weeks back for £1.99 and stupid me forgot to pick some AA's up (only got AAA's for me DECT phone), so its really the chargers that cost the money nowadays.

The charger is a 1 hour charger, you can get faster ones, although there is some debate as to whether the 15 minutes chargers and the like actually shorten the life of the batteries, both for use and overall.

But 1 hour is pretty good imho, and given the capacity of the batteries, its pretty fine. If you dont use your camera much, you may prefer to go for something like 1300's however, because they will hold their charge longer without use then 2000+ batteries.

smile
Posted By: jonah Re: batteries and charger - 17th Nov 2007 7:52pm
k cheers fo the advice guys ! grin thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral