Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Windows XP Sales Extended - 28th Sep 2007 12:34pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Customer demand has forced Microsoft to extend the shelf life of Windows XP by five months.

Microsoft was scheduled to stop selling the six-year-old operating system on 30 January 2008 to leave the field clear for Vista.

Now the date on which many sellers of XP will no longer be able to offer it has been lengthened to 30 June 2008.

Microsoft said the change was to help those customers that needed more time to make the switch to Vista.

Haha quality, cheers Microsoft for finally listening to everyone, power to the people!!

I personally dont understand why they dont continue to sell XP Home as a low spec and resource usage alternative, possibly even re-package it as Vista Lite or similar. Getting rid of XP isnt going to help Vista sales, if anything, from what the industry feels about Vista, it's actually going hammer overall Microsoft sales.

thumbsup

BBC News Report
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Windows XP Sales Extended - 28th Sep 2007 1:56pm
Not good enough smile Windows Vista will never be installed on any of my computers.. Im going to learn Linux inside and out as i dont want to associate my self with MicroSpyoft cause that OS in my suspcious mind is one big Spyware cause its locked down to the max dont like that i like freedom....
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Windows XP Sales Extended - 28th Sep 2007 2:04pm
Lol believe me Lee fella, even if you know Linux (as I do) its a horrible mish mash of an OS compared to Windows. I dont know why they bother making GUI's for it, because you always end up back at the command line anyway, there is little point in Linux atm.

Until a developer realises the fundamental reasons why Windows is so successful, they will never make a competing product.

Ive tried Linspire, Ubuntu, Mandriva, CentOS, RH9, RHEL and Fedora at desktop level and they are all shite when coming across from Windows. It is so easy and efficient to use compared to them.

I dont see why people chat about "freedom" and "privacy" when it comes to Windows, everything you do, everywhere you go nowadays, you are leaving a footprint for people to watch your life, Windows monitoring what you do (on a non-personal level I might add) so they can optimize future software releases etc, should be the least of your worries.

Personally, I have no interest in NT6, and probably wont change from NT5 until Vienna. 2000 and XP are fast, stable and do everything I want them to, with ease of use.

Vista is just a resource and power hungry, bugged up mess with tons of totally useless features and crappy eye candy, and Linux is just a pathetic excuse of an OS, well actually, the OS itself is quite sound, its the lame ass GUI's they develop for it that are utter crap!!

Stick with NT5 is best, unless you have grown up using Linux. Once you are used to using Windows and its user friendliness, you will find Linux GUI's attrocious.

wink
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Windows XP Sales Extended - 28th Sep 2007 2:10pm
true there smile Im at a tethers end people asking me have i tried Vista can you sort out a Vista problem i just say yer Format and reinstall XP then i can help you laugh but seriously the linux ive tried and Liked is Suse know Novell have brought it i think it might develop into something intresting running an IRC a couple of years ago i got used to to the command line and the good old make (compile command) so i know how to do all that but ask me something else and i wouldnt know.. Ohh i know how to install PSYBNC as well lmao.. Windows 2000 4eva imho laugh
Posted By: Pomp Re: Windows XP Sales Extended - 28th Sep 2007 2:14pm
Move to a Mac lol
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Windows XP Sales Extended - 28th Sep 2007 2:17pm
You are kidding me LOL laugh i used to use a Mac for a Door stop cause thats all there good for.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Windows XP Sales Extended - 28th Sep 2007 2:21pm
Lol I would like a Mac, but cant justify spending the money on the hardware needed to run it. I like OSX.

I may get the OSx86 version of Tiger one day to try out, anyone else tried it??
© Wirral-Wikiwirral