Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Halo 3 Tops $170m+ Sales In 24 Hours - 28th Sep 2007 12:12am
Originally Posted by BBC News
Video game Halo 3 earned more than £84m ($170m) in sales in its first 24 hours on release, according to Microsoft.

The game sets the record for the most money earned in a day by an entertainment product, topping figures set by film Spiderman 3.

Thousands of shops opened at midnight on Monday in the United States as gamers queued for the Xbox 360 title.

But reports of scratched discs have marred the launch, with Microsoft offering to replace them for free.

Sales figures from European launches have yet to be added into the total.

Fooooooooooooook! It will be well over $200m with EU sales added! omg

BBC News Report
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Halo 3 Tops $170m+ Sales In 24 Hours - 28th Sep 2007 7:06am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Originally Posted by BBC News
Thousands of shops opened at midnight on Monday in the United States as gamers queued for the Xbox 360 title.

But reports of scratched discs have marred the launch, with Microsoft offering to replace them for free.

BBC News Report

It May be a great game, but getting it at midnight - the minute it comes out, have these people nothing better to do???

As for MS replacing scratched discs - I should think so!!
Posted By: Wheels Re: Halo 3 Tops $170m+ Sales In 24 Hours - 28th Sep 2007 9:10am
i was passing GAME yesterday and thought i would just pop in see if they had any. they had ALOT lol. i was playing it online lastnight and its ok.. Not as good as i thought it would be.

The way you go about setting up an online match is Crap. as far as i can see you have to make a server then get your mates to join you. then it searches for another server with the same amount of people with similar rank's (this can take some time) and then you play. i could be wrong on this but its the only way i have been able to play.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral