Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Anyone Still Running MSN Messenger 7.5??? - 13th Sep 2007 12:07am
If so let me know if you can connect or not? I have a feeling Microsoft just pissed off a whole load of people still using it, including myself.

Now im stuck with Windows Messenger 5.1!

mad mad
Posted By: Mark Re: Anyone Still Running MSN Messenger 7.5??? - 13th Sep 2007 12:14am
?? i'm on 8.1
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Anyone Still Running MSN Messenger 7.5??? - 13th Sep 2007 12:16am
Your using the pile of shit (in my experience and humble opinion) known as Windows Live Messenger, I need people who are running MSN Messenger to try and connect.

I dont think there will be many as Microsoft bug you to upgrade to WLM, but there might be other people who appreciate the stability and hassle-freeness of MSN lol.

Im so pissed off with Microsoft atm!

frown
Posted By: Pomp Re: Anyone Still Running MSN Messenger 7.5??? - 13th Sep 2007 12:17am
8.1 here

I have had my 8.1 (Windows Live Messenger) for quite some time now and i havn't had any problems with it lol.
Must be just you lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Anyone Still Running MSN Messenger 7.5??? - 13th Sep 2007 12:19am
Okay, I dont need to know what version ye are running, but what I need is for people that are NOT running Windows Live Messenger/running MSN Messenger to try and connect.

Start a new thread if you want to discuss what version of MSN you run and the pro's and con's of each version.

wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Anyone Still Running MSN Messenger 7.5??? - 13th Sep 2007 12:23am
4.7.3001 here, never used it before and it works wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Anyone Still Running MSN Messenger 7.5??? - 13th Sep 2007 12:25am
Lol that must be Windows Messenger as they never made a 4.7 for MSN Messenger, unless its a pirate release knowing you lmao! Iirc they did have a Windows Messenger with that release code as the final one before 4.8 came out.

Seriously though guys, try and keep this topic to original question please, its kinda important, cos I think Microsoft have just forced people happy with MSN Messenger 7.5 to upgrade to Windows Live Messenger!

mad mad

On a sidenote, somehow I have Windows Messenger running in Polygamy mode with itself lmao, I didnt think it even supported it!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Anyone Still Running MSN Messenger 7.5??? - 13th Sep 2007 3:26am
Right! Ive found a workaround for anyone who is interested. Microsoft can't force Windows 9x/2000 users to upgrade to Windows Live Messenger, because the program hasnt been released for it.

Go into the MSN Messenger folder in Program Files, right click on the MSN logo, select properties.

Go into the "compatibility mode" tab, and set it to run in compatibility mode for Windows 2000.

This then fools MSN Messenger and the MSN servers into thinking you are running it on Windows 2000 instead of XP, and therefore it can't force you to upgrade.

Not sure how long it will work for until Microsoft realise it, or if it works after a reboot, but its been good for me so far!

Up yours Microsoft, you aint taking my beloved MSN Messenger 7.5 away from me and making use that pathetic pile of pig crap aka Windows Live Messenger that easily!!!

bananalama bananalama bananalama
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Anyone Still Running MSN Messenger 7.5??? - 13th Sep 2007 4:43am
Lol, nice one matty happy

You stand up to em....

Attached picture Thorny Devil.jpg
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Anyone Still Running MSN Messenger 7.5??? - 13th Sep 2007 7:33am
I am still on 7.5 and can connect ok still, plus i am pretty sure my computer is bang upto date
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Anyone Still Running MSN Messenger 7.5??? - 13th Sep 2007 10:54am
Im not the only person reporting this, its apparently to do with the buffer overflow bug to do with web camming, so Microsoft are trying to force people over to WLM so they dont have to fix it.

But they will be forced to fix it eventually, I dont know why they dont just do it.

They know how to fix it anyway because WLM had the same bug in 8.0, it was only fixed in 8.1.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral