Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Acer To Acquire Gateway - 30th Aug 2007 11:04am
Originally Posted by BBC News
Taiwan's leading computer seller Acer is to take over US PC maker Gateway in a $710m (£352m) deal.

The takeover will create the world's third largest producer of personal computers, with shipments of more than 20 million PCs and sales of $15bn.

The deal may also see Acer try to block Chinese rival Lenovo from buying Packard Bell's operations in Europe.

Gateway has said it wants to buy Packard Bell under a 2006 first refusal deal agreed with its owner, John Hui.

BBC News Report
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Acer To Acquire Gateway - 30th Aug 2007 1:14pm
Oh nice i own a Acer laptop smile had it since 2004 brought it in Australia... for $300 (£150) LOL
Posted By: Mark Re: Acer To Acquire Gateway - 30th Aug 2007 2:21pm
Happy with my acer too wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Acer To Acquire Gateway - 30th Aug 2007 3:16pm
Dont mind me laptop, dont mind their insurance team, dont like their insurance policies or quality control.

Overall im happy, but won't be buying Acer again. Will be going back to HP in the future, its worth the extra few pounds (nowadays actually they are about the same online).

smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Acer To Acquire Gateway - 30th Aug 2007 9:23pm
Ive got an ACER too, I love the feel of the smooth touchpad in comparison to the rubberby bumpy ones, and I couldnt live without the litle direction button thingy bellow the touchpad between the 2 buttons.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Acer To Acquire Gateway - 30th Aug 2007 9:26pm
Lol, it could just be me, but my direction button is tempermental to say the least, I think its due to dodgydrivers though.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt lmao grin
Posted By: Waddi Re: Acer To Acquire Gateway - 30th Aug 2007 9:31pm
must be just yours, mine is 100%
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Acer To Acquire Gateway - 30th Aug 2007 9:33pm
I think mine is dodgy drivers, as there are new ones on the Acer FTP site, but I aint installed em since me last OS re-install.

I think it worked properly last time I installed em, cant remember though, I dont miss it hehe, use a mini mouse most of the time and love the scroller, when a,m not using a moust I just use the down button lol.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral