Terrestrial Channel of the Year
- BBC One - WINNER!
- BBC Two
- ITV1
- Channel 4
- Five
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 25th Aug 2007 6:56pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
EDINBURGH -- BBC One has taken home the top honour at this year's Channel of the Year awards.

The station, headed by Peter Fincham, replaced Channel 4 as terrestrial channel of the year, while ITV2 took the non-terrestrial equivalent.

"That's the best thing that's happened to me all month," said Fincham. "I'm lucky enough to have a boss who couldn't be more supportive, I've needed that lately. BBC One's here to stay, mainstream TV is here to stay. I'm very lucky to be running BBC One, it's a job I love and I hope I'll be doing it for a while yet."

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: Mark Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 26th Aug 2007 12:30am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Non-Terrestrial Channel of the Year
- BBC Three
- Sky One
- More4
- ITV2 - WINNER!
- BBC Four
- UKTV Gold
BBC 3 ???? WTF
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 26th Aug 2007 12:49am
Yes, it launched a few years back, it used to be BBC Choice, come to think about it the license should be under review by Ofcom within the next few months... and they may lose it, would be interesting if it has to revert back to BBC Choice.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 26th Aug 2007 9:58am
bbc 3 is quite good, but imo, Five US is the best non-t lol
Posted By: Mark Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 27th Aug 2007 2:28pm
I think the only thing ive watched on BBC3 is IDEAL with Johnny Vegus lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 27th Aug 2007 5:20pm
wtf happened to discovery channel?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 27th Aug 2007 6:48pm
Originally Posted by Totopop
wtf happened to discovery channel?

yes great channel, should deffo win an award lol

I can't watch it cas I've only got freeview, but I was lovin watchin it on that ship I was workin on
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 27th Aug 2007 7:03pm
Obviously none of you have watched Discovery much within the last few years then. The quality of programming has deteriorated massively on Discovery, and in terms of documentary channel's, its playing catch up at present with the likes of The History Channel and National Geographic etc..

Also, there is a lot more competition within the documentary sector nowadays, especially with the BBC starting up a range of UKTV documentary channels as well as BBC Four, and Discovery is pretty shite in comparison.

If you want to watch the same types of programs constantly like they have special weeks on sharks every fookin month, then Discovery is the place to be, but it all got very repetitive many years ago.

On top of this, they havent helped themselves by diversifying their content, placing it across multiple different channels instead of the one main channel. And "Channel Of The Year" doesnt constitute an entire family of channels imho.

The quality of the actual programming on the Discovery Channel nowadays is also very cheap and tacky, and most it just rerun's of stuff they have shown a thousand times, or crap they have bought over from the US channel.

Its so bad now, you can instantly tell when its a Discovery only production, and when is a collabporation with another media organisation like the BBC, the quality is just so much better and the programs are actually watchable.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 27th Aug 2007 7:31pm
it depends whatyou like to watch am always watching discovery got some good programs on it but as i said its all down to what you like watching
Posted By: jonah Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 27th Aug 2007 9:43pm
i like watchin things like Megastructures... top quality show.. happy
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 27th Aug 2007 9:56pm
What bout programmes such as ScrapHeap Challenge?? personally..one of my favourite programmes cos it shows that people still have skills to create things.....i feel like there is too much emphasis on Soaps and things....and if trevor Mcdonald hosted the programme...or had anything to do with it....ill freak
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 27th Aug 2007 9:58pm
Yeah theres a lot of emphasis on soaps etc, but its because its voted for by normal people, and soaps etc and things like Doctor Who always have like 10 million people watching em as opposed to Scrapheap Challenge, which may only pull in 2 million.

Its like football votes, the big teams always win in votes, cos theres more fans usually. Lol.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Channel Of The Year 2007 Awards - 27th Aug 2007 10:00pm
Or the DJ Mag vote lmao, the top 3 DJ's are always Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren and Paul Van Dyk and Sasha is always there or there abouts, not cos their better then other DJ's, but because more people listen to them.

Personally, I would rate Matt Darey over any of the top 10 world DJ's according to the DJ mag vote when it comes to technical skills and seemless mixing etc... With the exception of Ferry of course, they would be about equal, two different styles though.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral