Forums
Posted By: MattLFC "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 10th Aug 2007 5:55pm
Originally Posted by Digital Spy
Moody's Investors Service has cut its outlook on Virgin Media from "stable" to "negative", despite better than expected quarterly results.

The firm's second quarter numbers showed a net subscriber loss of 70,300, with 40,000 of those chalked up to an ongoing dispute with Sky over carriage of basic channels such as Sky One and Sky News. Certain fundamentals including group revenue and consumer revenue also dipped, although broadband numbers and the percentage of customers taking triple-play packages both climbed.

In its note, Moody's said that it does not expect Virgin Media to move into positive net subscriber additions this year and added that it has continued to perform below post-merger expectations. Moody's does, however, expect the cableco to have positive free cash flow for 2007.

Digital Spy Report
Posted By: fordsteve Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 10th Aug 2007 9:43pm
they need to do something soon i mean they lose the sky channels but price stays the same the call center is crap any problems with broadband and they a waste of time ringing might as well phone a garden center up and ask them for help lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 10th Aug 2007 9:44pm
Originally Posted by fasterste
might as well phone a garden center up and ask them for help lol

raftl lmao thats tickled me that has, quality gag lol grin
Posted By: fordsteve Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 10th Aug 2007 9:46pm
thought you would like that raftl they a waste of time mate think 9 times out of 10 we been left to sort it out our selfs lol
Posted By: jonah Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 11th Aug 2007 7:39am
would never have anything with the virgin brand on it, beardybranson just tries to monopolise the market on the things he buys... ! mad
Posted By: AX_125 Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 11th Aug 2007 8:04am
Originally Posted by fasterste
they need to do something soon i mean they lose the sky channels but price stays the same the call center is crap any problems with broadband and they a waste of time ringing might as well phone a garden center up and ask them for help lol

The exact same can be said for Sky in my experience.

Employing non-technical people to do a technical job.

All a waste of money, no matter who you get it from IMO
Posted By: fordsteve Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 11th Aug 2007 9:52am
Originally Posted by jonah
would never have anything with the virgin brand on it, beardybranson just tries to monopolise the market on the things he buys... ! mad

you could say that about anything you could say you not going to buy anything with sony on it because it unfair to the smaller companys
Posted By: MattLFC Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 11th Aug 2007 12:59pm
And you could say it about Sky... lol!
Posted By: fordsteve Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 11th Aug 2007 1:12pm
if you think about it you could say it about every major company in the world lol
Posted By: Mark Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 12th Aug 2007 7:43pm
virgin can be good? ( If you know how lol)

Rang up support not broadband support,
told them i couldnt understand the person at the other end
of the phone at broad band support.

£5 credit tee hee.

Now i phone broadband support (I was setting up a Router)
And said "I was told you would call be back to sort the settings) <<< Didn't lol

5mins later : Hello now i can talk slowly and say "WHAT" as many times as i like lol...

But its disgusting to be paying 25p per min for broadband support. Its just wrong wrong. And i'm a virgin customer.

So there is yu tip for this week lol....
Posted By: fordsteve Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 12th Aug 2007 7:45pm
cool will have to try this one we always have problems understanding them raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 13th Aug 2007 11:14am
AAAAAAARGH!

they have wrecked my head

waited home all day thursday for the technical team to come out and install TV/phone/BB and then they aid they cant do it as the road has been re tarmacked so they need construction, the fella said ring the number on his van, so i did and i got passed around from one call center to the next and they said i would recieve a call later on that night from the construction guys, well its monday and i have heard nothing. not only that they made me sign a new 12month contract with them even tho ive been with them 3+ years.

What a joke i say. (had to log on my fone to do this) frown
Posted By: fordsteve Re: "Negative" Outlook For Virgin Media - 13th Aug 2007 4:50pm
i no what you mean mate we had the same problem in our last house we waited in all day for them no one turned up and when we rung up they said because the box was so far away from house the man could not do it on his own so he did not bother knocking we ended up getting £50 out of them for the problems
© Wirral-Wikiwirral