Forums
Posted By: jonah WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 5:29pm
just upgraded me phone today to an n95.. its sooooooooo good ! yipee
Posted By: Waddi Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 5:35pm
whats your old phone?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 5:44pm
whys is good though? whats actually good about it? It takes mediocre photo's compared to other cheaper phones, its got 2d sat nav that is useless for everything other then maybe a bit of walking round lol.

Does it make calls and send texts?

wink

Got some bad news for ye, the N97 is coming along soon, and it will be fixing all the shortcomings of the N95.
Posted By: jonah Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 5:44pm
Originally Posted by Waddi
whats your old phone?

n91 matey y ?
Posted By: jonah Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 5:46pm
y u gotta put a downer on thing matty ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 5:47pm
lol its true, its a phone, it makes calls and sends texts, so whats so amazing about it??

In terms of quality of the features it has, it lags far behind the N93/N93i, which is 12 months older.

The only advantage it has it the fact is has a GPS chip and maps pre-loaded, other then that the 93 is better for everything.

When Nokia first announced it, I was very impressed... There was a ton of hype and fanfare about it. but then they actually released it, and it isnt what they made it out to be.

wink
Posted By: jonah Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 5:53pm
its still way ahead of alot of more expensive phones on the markrt tho mate..
Posted By: MattLFC Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 5:57pm
Name one phone that is currently available on the market and is more expensive then? (im not talking about the HTC PDA come mobile phone devices and the like)

Expansys have the N95 listed as £479, for comparison, the Sony Ericsson K810i is listed as £214, which is around the top pricing braket for most phones and is also a newer release, so the N95 is actually more then double the cost of most phones.

wink
Posted By: AX_125 Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 6:21pm
A couple of weeks ago, you were singing its praises.

Mate of mine upgraded from a Sony and is very pleased, but i have read quite alot of bad reviews. Each to their own though, certainly a very nice looking bit of kit, shame we don't all know every thing, like some people
Posted By: MattLFC Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 6:23pm
Please remind me where I was singing its praises... i have never sung its praises since its release....

I might have done before it was released, like most people - when Nokia were promising the world with it, but upon its release the mood changed instantly.

People who own the phone rave off it, because Nokia have used so much marketing spin, and obviously ye dont wanna own a phone ye dont like.

But as I have previously said, the amount of non-fault related returns on it are ludacris, people who waited months and months for it, got it and found it didnt live up to expectations.
Posted By: jonah Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 8:13pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
Please remind me where I was singing its praises... i have never sung its praises since its release....

I might have done before it was released, like most people - when Nokia were promising the world with it, but upon its release the mood changed instantly.

People who own the phone rave off it, because Nokia have used so much marketing spin, and obviously ye dont wanna own a phone ye dont like.

But as I have previously said, the amount of non-fault related returns on it are ludacris, people who waited months and months for it, got it and found it didnt live up to expectations.

this is wot u said on 11th july matty...
To be fair to the N95, it is that price tag simply because technically, it is far superior to the K800i/D600/D900, I mean it even has a GPS chip and EU mapping software on it. Not to mention the powerful processor and large high res screen etc...
so thats were u seemed to sing its praises...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 8:16pm
Thats not singing its praises. Please re-read it. You will understand what I am saying, I am making a point, not praising it. Also, gimme a link to the quote, I cant find it atm, I know its here somewhere though.

wink
Posted By: jonah Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 8:23pm
its on the 'help.. need a new phone' topic running at the mo, around the 11/7 is where u said that mate.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 8:28pm
Hehe, I found it, and as I expected you did some "selective quotation" tease

A few posts up from that I was praising the N93 over the N95, and asking if the N95 had good sound quality on calls (a bit sarcastically).

The reason I was saying about the price, wasnt because I was praising the phone, it was because Pomp made a remark about the price of the N95 and I was simply defending the price, not praising the phone.

It is the price it is, because it costs more to make. Again, thats not saying its a better phone then any other, because quite clearly, there are other phones on the market that are cheaper and perform better (the N93 being one of them).

I then got accused of bringing the N95 into the thread, which i never lmao raftl
Posted By: Mark Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 8:29pm
Originally Posted by jonah
y u gotta put a downer on thing matty ?
that's unusual..

Hope yu like it mate, i played with the 95
last year wink Whelan loves his see pictures posted all over
the place lol

Posted By: jonah Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 8:33pm
i do mate, cheers... wink
Posted By: Mark Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 8:38pm
keep an eye on the battery life,
i think if you have everything on it needs charging every night,
but a gps on its own needs that after 4hrs too.

Enjoy,
i must admit i loved the 95 when i seen it
just out mt price range and i don't fancy the "Have to have Gps"
but a cracking phone. I thought the pics it took were amazing.
Posted By: jonah Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 8:41pm
would use my navman prob anyway..but paid £89 for it with o2 today.. £35/month, unlimited calls to any o2 mobiles, 600 txts and 6oo cross net minutes a month... good deal eh ?! smile
Posted By: Mark Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 9:03pm
Sounds like a good deal mate wink

< Jealous >
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 21st Jul 2007 9:17pm
sounds great to me, lucky bar steward.

me might get a contract now lol
Posted By: Andy13 Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 29th Jan 2009 6:47pm
I think the N95 is one of the best fones out if not the best! I got 1 last week and have never been so amazed by a fones features. Got to admit tho when the N97 comes out it will stamp all over apple and be king of all fones!
Posted By: Wheels Re: WHOOP WHOOP>>> - 29th Jan 2009 8:35pm
iphone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00p tease
© Wirral-Wikiwirral