Forums
Posted By: Pomp Bt Home ub : How? - 16th Jun 2007 11:14am
Any idea how the Bt homehub thing works?

[Linked Image]

Got peeps who have it but they cnt seem to connect to the net wiv it
so they are using the old router an thats working fine.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bt Home ub : How? - 16th Jun 2007 7:17pm
It require BT Broadband to work and the line possibly needs something activating at the DSLAM to enable the router to work.

The best advice is to contact BT.

wink
Posted By: Mark Re: Bt Home ub : How? - 16th Jun 2007 8:55pm
No idea if its value for money,
saying that i haven't heard anything about the quality of service?
Posted By: Pomp Re: Bt Home ub : How? - 16th Jun 2007 9:51pm
Originally Posted by MattyC
It require BT Broadband to work and the line possibly needs something activating at the DSLAM to enable the router to work.

The best advice is to contact BT.

wink

Yup got all that, they foned up wiv the details etc and they also sent the BT Homehub with the broadband package an I've been tryin to sort it out but no luck lol.

Its definately different to how the other broadband routers work.

I've used an set up a Belkins, Netgear and wanadoo (orange "livebox") router before with no problems at all but this BT ones just complicated.

Its ok tho i'll just leave them to use the old router, i thought i would just bring it up to see if any one else is having problems with it.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Bt Home ub : How? - 16th Jun 2007 10:10pm
Some routers through BT are very akward to set up and you often have to phone India (a few times normally before you get any sense out of them) to get settings and they will guide you though it to set it up and tell you what settings to put in. smile
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Bt Home ub : How? - 16th Jun 2007 10:42pm
its a piece of piss to setup, did you enter the network key on the back of it? all home hubs come security enabled, so if you don't have the number on the back you can't connect to it.

i've had no problems so far. also did they give you a date from when you can use it? when i recieved mine i could use it for 3 days.
Posted By: Pomp Re: Bt Home ub : How? - 16th Jun 2007 11:18pm
you cud or cudnt use it for 3 days?

Duno they rang up an sed everything is activated an on that day just tried to set the thing up but it wasnt havin any of it. Instructions on the booklet sed something about if the lights wernt turned on, on the router then the line prob wernt activated yet so it probably was that.
Might give it another go wen i have time then.
Posted By: Mark Re: Bt Home ub : How? - 16th Jun 2007 11:22pm
well if your paying for it you may as well pomperdillo wink
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Bt Home ub : How? - 17th Jun 2007 12:49pm
yea had to plug it in for an hour or two, just for it to do its stuff, then i couldn't use it for 3 days because i still had the old broadband working.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral