Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Wifi Health Fears Are Unproven - 21st May 2007 2:43pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Scientists have said there is no evidence to suggest a link between the use of wi-fi and damage to health.

BBC programme Panorama found that radiation levels from wi-fi in one school was up to three times the level of mobile phone mast radiation.

The readings were 600 times below the government's safety limits but there is ongoing debate about wi-fi use.

"Wi-fi seems unlikely to pose any risk to health," said Professor Lawrie Challis, of Nottingham University.

I can't really see what all the fuss is about anyway, its as though people think if we get rid of mobile phone signals and Wifi signals we will suddenly see a dramatic decrease in the cases of cancer or some other health benefit.

People seem to forget that both of these technologies hover around the UHF and VHF frequency, which carry's all kinds of radiowaves such as digital and analogue television, FM radio, digital radio etc... So are we suddenly going to scrap all these as well lol!

BBC News Report
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wifi Health Fears Are Unproven - 21st May 2007 6:25pm
I don't think that mobile phones and wifi damage your health and until its proven to me, i think people are idiots to think so otherwise lol
Posted By: Pomp Re: Wifi Health Fears Are Unproven - 21st May 2007 7:05pm
Well you cant be too carefull, so ye always gotta watch wot ye doin. At least wiv the knowledge of this if anything does happen then they wud jst say "dont say we didnt tell ye".
© Wirral-Wikiwirral