Forums
Posted By: keving Rake lane cemetery lodge - wallasey - 31st Jul 2015 1:40am
Does anyone have any photo's of the cemetery lodge in wallasey 1882 cemetery please? Or any history on it. smile
Posted By: Tatey Re: Rake lane cemetery lodge - wallasey - 31st Jul 2015 6:49am
Sorry, but don't have. I did try to buy it once but council wouldn't play. Did it still have the safe in it when you bought it?
Posted By: keving Re: Rake lane cemetery lodge - wallasey - 2nd Aug 2015 8:02pm
nope no safe unfortunately !
Posted By: Tatey Re: Rake lane cemetery lodge - wallasey - 3rd Aug 2015 7:00am
Good job as it was large. It was in the corner of the front room that looks out on to the main drive entrance.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Rake lane cemetery lodge - wallasey - 2nd Sep 2015 8:44pm
I have been there many times because my mother's friend Mrs Fleming lived there with her husband who was the cemetery superintendent. They had a son Ian who lived abroad. Mrs Fleming went into care after her husband died. This was many moons ago perhaps thirty years or so.
Posted By: granny Re: Rake lane cemetery lodge - wallasey - 6th Sep 2015 8:59pm
.Are these what you are looking for Keving ?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: philmch Re: Rake lane cemetery lodge - wallasey - 7th Sep 2015 10:59am
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum
I have been there many times because my mother's friend Mrs Fleming lived there with her husband who was the cemetery superintendent. They had a son Ian who lived abroad. Mrs Fleming went into care after her husband died. This was many moons ago perhaps thirty years or so.

That's absolutely right. We lived just opposite on Rake Lane when I was a kid until 1968 and vaguely remember Mrs Fleming. My mum always told me that the house had an orchard and that she often gave us apples.
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: Rake lane cemetery lodge - wallasey - 22nd Apr 2017 8:47am
My mother told me in the late 60s that a previous occupant's wife became mentally ill while living there telling her husband she could see people getting out of the graves at night.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral