Forums
Posted By: geprgie260 picture of Wallasey village - 2nd Jan 2012 1:55pm
I was given a brilliant local history book for christmas. Is it ok to put pictures on here from it? It has some pictures that I don't think are on here.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: picture of Wallasey village - 2nd Jan 2012 2:05pm
Start by telling us the title/ author of the book & when published.

ANY pics are always of interest to "Villagers" like me.

Personal view is that there are unlikely to be any (many) more photos of the village in the public domain. Almost all have been published before/ copied/ republished etc. There will be a few that are still in private hands but likely just one or two per person rather than someone with a significant collection. I have a very few "personal" pics taken around the Village/ Stonehouse area (and some Poulton) but these are realy pics of people rather than places.

Snod
Posted By: hoseman Re: picture of Wallasey village - 2nd Jan 2012 2:07pm
Snods the Wallasey man, my mum has a full and comprehensive history of the family rootes in Wallasey, bought her all the books we could find!
Posted By: geprgie260 Re: picture of Wallasey village - 2nd Jan 2012 2:08pm
It is called Wallasey from old photographs by Ian Collard.

added - pub.2009
Posted By: Capt_America Re: picture of Wallasey village - 2nd Jan 2012 3:14pm
Pictures! We want pictures!

As an aside, I don't think I've asked you this before Snod, but who was your mum? My nan was one of the Hammonds that lived in No 9 Stonehouse Road for many, many years. She died 2 years ago aged 94 Did your mum know the Browns from Stonehouse Rd? Mark Brown passed away a few years ago too. He was the same age as my uncle who was the youngest of the Hammond children.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: picture of Wallasey village - 2nd Jan 2012 4:47pm
Capt

Mum was Phyllis Hughes (Hall) and lived at no 27. Gran was Emily Hughes and lived at No 21. Gran originated from Granville Terrace (off Green Lane) and mum was born there. Gran lived in Stonehouse from the 20s until around the mid 1960s. Mum lived in Stonehouse from about 1943/4 - I was 2 then - until 1955. Mum is 94 next month. She can name almost everyone who lived in Stonehouse in that 1943-1955 period and some later. I know that because recently she has made a list. I will ask her tomorrow about the people you name.

The pics are of some of the Stonehouse people at VE day. We can name them all

Attached picture Stonehouse1a.jpg
Attached picture stonehouse2a.jpg
Posted By: Snodvan Re: picture of Wallasey village - 3rd Jan 2012 6:16pm
I spoke with mum today. She certainly remembers the Hammonds from No 9 - but not anyone named Brown

Snod
Posted By: Tatey Re: picture of Wallasey village - 3rd Jan 2012 10:22pm
I wonder if Eva Howard was the mother of Norman (Buster) Howard?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral