Forums
Posted By: oldbirkonian1 vickery kidder - 29th Jun 2011 6:54pm
I think this was a printing works in Laird street at one time can anyone shed any info or photos?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: vickery kidder - 29th Jun 2011 7:15pm
Victory Kidder was indeed a printing works in Laird St. Opposite side of the road from the bus depot, but a bit further along (?). All I remember about them was that they printed all of the punch tickets for B'head Corp. Transport. That was before the days of the Setright machines.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: vickery kidder - 29th Jun 2011 9:05pm
Just dug out a couple of old B'head tickets. Printed by "Auto Tickets, B'head" on the bottom of them. Auto Tickets was the Trade Name of VK's.
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: vickery kidder - 29th Jun 2011 11:00pm
They had a massive factory built down the road from Champion Spark plugs in Upton, when they (Simon VK as it was called in the end)went bust the machine shop was taken over by Parcel Force, the main building was taken over by Securicor, the canteen was taken over by the Pine wood furniture people and DMS took some of the offices. This was after the council tried to open it up as a council depot but the locals fought against it and won (there was a rumour that Champions helped fund this because they wanted to do something or other with part of the land).
Posted By: torryman Re: vickery kidder - 30th Jun 2011 4:52pm
All the above is correct I used to work for Simon VK as it was known...in fact, I came back after its closure and have worked there for its present owners for the last 23 years...Its been extended at the rear and the old warehouse is almost twice the size it used to be...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral