Forums
Posted By: oldbirkonian1 Locke family Birkenhead - 29th Jun 2011 6:49pm
my grandparents were Sarah (nee Casey) and William Locke they may have lived in corporation road and or carrington street. can anyone help me with occupation, war records or anything in fact to do with family history?
Posted By: nightwalker Re: Locke family Birkenhead - 10th Jul 2011 6:23pm
The Locke family were living at 455 Corporation Road in 1911. Have found some details of the family going back to a William Locke born 1819 in Ireland. Let me know what info you're looking for (pm if you prefer).
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Locke family Birkenhead - 10th Jul 2011 6:32pm
are you any relation to the Lockes who lived in Sumner Rd?
Posted By: oldbirkonian1 Re: Locke family Birkenhead - 10th Jul 2011 8:49pm
don't know
Posted By: Erainn Re: Locke family Birkenhead - 11th Jul 2011 11:31am
My deceased father had some brief contact with that family, have some fuzzy recollection of a tale about a pub they frequented possibly in Duke Street, run by a woman called Glenn Bowe, a family also based in/around Corporation Road between 1920/40s.
Posted By: oldbirkonian1 Re: Locke family Birkenhead - 11th Jul 2011 8:16pm
might be a connection my mum was barmaid in Half way house, my aunty Kitty worked in the castle by lairds
Posted By: Erainn Re: Locke family Birkenhead - 11th Jul 2011 9:12pm
Half Way House on Woodchurch Road? If it's the same Lockes my father mentioned, they were based and drank around the North End.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Locke family Birkenhead - 11th Jul 2011 10:02pm
The half way house on the corner of corporation rd and Patten Street north end, click here smile
Posted By: Erainn Re: Locke family Birkenhead - 11th Jul 2011 10:06pm
That looks more likely, thanks for that helpful info. Could be the very same place my father knew of the Lockes from
Posted By: Wench Re: Locke family Birkenhead - 12th Jul 2011 12:22am
I know Chris Locke but that's about it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral