Forums
Posted By: derekdwc A couple of pics to query - 20th Dec 2010 3:51pm
the flats one is very similar to what Ilchester Square and St Andrews' Square used to look like (can'tremember that part as you come thru the arch) but I think this may have been taken in Liverpool
2nd pic I thought may have been looking towards Egremont with the Egremont pub and Davy Jones Locker in the distance but there's no seawall - again probably Liverpool

Attached picture flats.jpg
Attached picture shore.jpg
Posted By: DanLongman Re: A couple of pics to query - 20th Dec 2010 4:14pm
St Andrews Gardens, Liverpool that top one I think. Student accomodation now
Posted By: buddy Re: A couple of pics to query - 20th Dec 2010 4:15pm
1st pic looks like the bullring in L'pool
2nd pic could be Hoylake??
Posted By: uptoncx Re: A couple of pics to query - 20th Dec 2010 4:18pm
If you reverse the second picture, it becomes more recognisable, with the old Floral Pavilion in the right background.

Attached picture shorea.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: A couple of pics to query - 20th Dec 2010 4:26pm
so would the little building on the left (middle of pic) be the old golden goose arcades where in would of played space harrier as a nipper?
Posted By: derekdwc Re: A couple of pics to query - 20th Dec 2010 4:38pm
thank guys
so the New Brighton pic possibly taken from the walkway to the fort. the shore doesn't look too clean.Didn't the tide cover the walkway at one time
Posted By: bert1 Re: A couple of pics to query - 20th Dec 2010 4:39pm
Bullring, St Andrews Gardens

http://inacityliving.piczo.com/?g=32921340&cr=7
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A couple of pics to query - 20th Dec 2010 4:58pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
so would the little building on the left (middle of pic) be the old golden goose arcades where in would of played space harrier as a nipper?

It is indeed the Golden Goose.

c1978

[Linked Image]
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: A couple of pics to query - 20th Dec 2010 5:26pm
Wow, cheers paul, great photo happy

I don`t remember the pier though, what year was it removed?
Posted By: marty99fred Re: A couple of pics to query - 21st Dec 2010 1:58pm
Originally Posted by bert1

Can't be St Andrews Gardens, as the entrances to that are level with the ground in the central area. It's actually the interior of Gerard Gardens, as the following map shows:

Attached picture Gerard Gardens.JPG
Posted By: bert1 Re: A couple of pics to query - 21st Dec 2010 2:04pm
I agree Marty, as the pictures in the link show, but i couldn't give an alternative venue.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A couple of pics to query - 21st Dec 2010 3:26pm
Wow, cheers paul, great photo happy

I don`t remember the pier though, what year was it removed?

Fortes Limited became the owners of the Pier in 1968 but on 21st September 1971 the last ferry from New Brighton left the landing stage. Repairs were made to the promenade pier but it was not simply a paying proposition. Finally, in July 1978, the pier was dismantled.

Posted By: bert1 Re: A couple of pics to query - 21st Dec 2010 3:36pm
http://inacityliving.piczo.com/?g=30162634&cr=7

Gerard Gardens

Attached picture gg.JPG
Posted By: uggla Re: A couple of pics to query - 8th Jan 2011 11:10am
Originally Posted by PaulWirral

It is indeed the Golden Goose.

c1978

[Linked Image]

This was the reason i went to new brighton when i was younger to play tx-1 and konami gt cannot believe this was taken down with alot of the buildings around this part of new brighton.
Posted By: DarkM Re: A couple of pics to query - 1st Feb 2011 7:22pm
I remember the tide used to cover the walkway around the boating lake. If my memory serves me right, It used to be a wooden walkway around the boating lake. So i think probably it must have come around the fort, but don't know how much of the path up to the fort was cut off by the tide.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral