Forums
Posted By: Northender Palace Amusements (Wilkie's) New Brighton - 2nd Jul 2009 9:17pm
Hello

The Palace Amusements building in New Brighton is getting a paint job which will make it blend in with the Floral Pavillion. I am glad they a re getting rid of that terrible green.

First, here is a picture from January

Attached picture wilk0.jpg
Attached picture wilk2.jpg
Attached picture wilk3.jpg
Attached picture wilk1.jpg
yerr looks better mate!
Ye, it really looked tatty. In this picture from 5 June, you can see the cracks in the rendering:

Attached picture wilk4.jpg
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Palace Amusements (Wilkie's) New Brighton - 2nd Jul 2009 10:13pm
i wonder if they will put the clock back
Originally Posted by pacef8
i wonder if they will put the clock back

hope so! anyone have a pic?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Palace Amusements (Wilkie's) New Brighton - 2nd Jul 2009 10:23pm
Laugh my tits off if they painted the Floral Pavilion in green!

Makes such a big difference now that they redecorated the Palace. It was an eyesore on the Prom.
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Laugh my tits off if they painted the Floral Pavilion in green!

Makes such a big difference now that they redecorated the Palace. It was an eyesore on the Prom.

I loved the green colour - anyway I couldn't resist!
I've been down to the Floral and done a quick roller paint job to match the Palace! smile

Attached picture floral-p green.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Palace Amusements (Wilkie's) New Brighton - 3rd Jul 2009 9:31am
raftl mad bugger!
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Palace Amusements (Wilkie's) New Brighton - 3rd Jul 2009 11:41am
still needs more in New Brighton tho wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Palace Amusements (Wilkie's) New Brighton - 3rd Jul 2009 12:16pm
lol!! yerrrr looks well better now aliendance
Been back and done the front! Messy as it was a quick job!!

Attached picture floral newbrighton green.jpg
Posted By: bri445 Re: Palace Amusements (Wilkie's) New Brighton - 3rd Jul 2009 1:05pm
Not messy at all. My favourite colour!
Bri
Posted By: Northender Re: Palace Amusements (Wilkie's) New Brighton - 4th Jul 2009 12:12am
There seems to be another thread with some pics here

There was a pic of the building with the clock and signage on their website but they have changed the site since:

http://www.wlgltd.co.uk/web/

Posted By: tjc79uk Re: Palace Amusements (Wilkie's) New Brighton - 19th Jul 2010 10:37pm
Having been up to the tower lots of times I can confirm that the clock is still in the tower but its in a bad state.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral