Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe Old Firestation, Whetstone Lane / Borough Road - 21st Feb 2009 7:58pm
[Linked Image]
nice pix joe mate! thumbsup
wow thats cool wink
Fantastic the Building on the Left blew up in a gas explosion happy
Posted By: uggla Re: Old Firestation, Whetstone Lane / Borough Road - 22nd Feb 2009 9:35am
Great pictures it look so much better many years ago didnt it
If any body is interested this site(which is the site for the Sutton Family Genealogy) has aswell as great photos some fantastic information on census info, who lived where etc. http://www.andysutton.co.uk/sitemap.html (you will need to expand all on the Site Map page)
The photos of Birkenhead are excellent. Hope this is the right place?
for your info a disgruntled lover was setting up a incendiary in the estate agents on the corner to injure his ex. The explosion killed him the night before..
whetstone lane fire station,charing cross, looking up whetstone lane,

Attached picture fire station.jpg

Description: inside the station
Attached picture fs.jpg

Description: the cross,
Attached picture cross.jpg
my dad served at the old fire station.his name was william bertram hill,wonder iff anyone remembers him .
Excellent photos, thanks for posting!
Great photos particularly 1 and 2 showing junction of whetstone lane and borough road and pic 2 shows a couple of the shops that where in the block my nan lived. thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Same picture as photo 1 at the start of the thread - but this time in glorious technicolour!

Attached picture birkfirestn.JPG
Thanks for the posting the photographs ....do you have more .
Here's one of mine from about 1967 - around the same time as the one above with the Co-op van in it..

Description: The Old Fire Station, Borough Road, Birkenhead. About 1967.
Attached picture A4CFBd09vc.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral