Forums
Posted By: Ducko perrin hall - 22nd Oct 2008 1:39pm
eney one rember perrin hall tollemache road remember it burning down i was wonderin if there was eney pics out there
Posted By: MissCalculated Re: perrin hall - 22nd Oct 2008 1:47pm
Perrin Hall. Was that the place that you could hire for parties? I remember going to a party there once. It was a fancy dress party and i think i went dressed as something floral lol. Sad that it got burned down cos i remember passing it a lot and thinking what happened to it. My question has been answered.
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: perrin hall - 25th Oct 2008 1:38pm
I used to pass that place on the way to school years ago, all i can really remember is a sort of path leading up to some hut like building, I think they also did bingo there at one point.
Posted By: Robert Re: perrin hall - 12th Oct 2009 5:10pm
They used to run a dog training club for dogs there on a Monday night in the 80s. The place was always getting broken into during the 80s too.
Posted By: bigpete Re: perrin hall - 14th Oct 2009 12:08pm
Where was that ? - on the stretch between St James Church and Norman Avenue ?
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: perrin hall - 14th Oct 2009 12:52pm
It was on a little patch of land between Egan road Mercer Road facing Tollemache road smile
Posted By: bigpete Re: perrin hall - 15th Oct 2009 9:31am
Ah! yes I know it......

Will try to dredge up some memories...
Posted By: bigpete Re: perrin hall - 15th Oct 2009 9:36am
Originally Posted by bigpete
Ah! yes I know it......

Will try to dredge up some memories...

Yep - remember going to Jumble Sales there with me Nan and Aunty.

Mad scrambles and elbows flying everywhere !
Posted By: mowgli Re: perrin hall - 4th Nov 2009 7:45pm
During the forties/fifties Perrin Hall was used for dancing on Saturday nights, the live band was Cess Bowen as I recall, he played a mean clarinet. Ah happy days!
Posted By: Handbag Re: perrin hall - 13th Jul 2010 12:01am
I can remember going to Perrin Hall with my Nan, she always ran a 'soft toy' stall at all the xmas fairs, full of every sort of cuddly toy you could imagine.
Posted By: Longnails Re: perrin hall - 14th Jul 2010 6:19pm
I remember going to Perrin Hall to a church group when I was about 10. We used to go on days out and what fun we had too. We also had to learn little excerpts of the bible and when we did we won a prize. I remember winning a Giddions Bible and I was so happy with it. I couldn't get home quick enough to show Mum what I'd won.
Posted By: oldcodger Re: perrin hall - 29th Jul 2010 3:44pm
Originally Posted by mowgli
During the forties/fifties Perrin Hall was used for dancing on Saturday nights, the live band was Cess Bowen as I recall, he played a mean clarinet. Ah happy days!

I used to go there on Saturday nights for dancing, this was in the late 1940's. I had forgotten that it was Cess Bowens' band. Yes, happy memories!
Posted By: DavePatrick Re: perrin hall - 9th Feb 2011 10:17pm
mercer road frequent jumble sales there it was on the corner of Mercer Road and Tollmache Road
© Wirral-Wikiwirral